Sonic to Reboot for 2012 and Beyond, Says SEGA

Started by Gilly, November 06, 2011, 08:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 04:19:58 PM

Close some of your tabs running flash. Chrome has been acting up like this since last week.

Nope.avi

This is my only chrome tab. Even on opera it's broken. :U

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 04, 2012, 04:25:38 PM
Nope.avi

This is my only chrome tab. Even on opera it's broken. :U
That's odd... They show up fine for me. Maybe you're strapped for memory? Doesn't matter anyway, it's merely a comparison of the PS1 spyro, and the fugly spyro of today.

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 04:27:53 PM
That's odd... They show up fine for me. Maybe you're strapped for memory? Doesn't matter anyway, it's merely a comparison of the PS1 spyro, and the fugly spyro of today.

No. I'm not.

Even if I follow the image's link I get a message saying I'm not allowed to see the image. :l

Hakudamashi

Is it really soo hard to copy/paste Sonic 3&Knuckles and/or Sonic's playstlye of SA2 into another game and just add stuff to it?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 04:42:56 PM
Is it really soo hard to copy/paste Sonic 3&Knuckles and/or Sonic's playstlye of SA2 into another game and just add stuff to it?

Actually, Yes. It is.

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 04:42:56 PM
It is for the same reason you can't play a Genesis game on a Gamecube.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 04:50:37 PM
I don't follow...
Games need to be programmed differently to work on different systems, different formats need to be used, etc.

At least from how I understand it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 04:50:37 PM
I don't follow...

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 04, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
Games need to be programmed differently to work on different systems, different formats need to be used, etc.
At least from how I understand it.
Correct.

Every game has an engine. you can't port a play style into another engine. So if they were to copypasta S3's playstyle they would need to be using the same engine, meaning they would be making another game for genesis

You can however replicate them, but that's not the easiest thing to do in a 3D engine.

Hakudamashi

I mean like, look at Sonic 4...
Sonic 3& Knuckles, it's predecessor, on an older, I assume to be less powerful console offered 3 playable characters(4 if you count the Sonic & Tails combo), 14(I think) different zones each with 2 acts giving a total of 28(I think) levels, the ability to transform into super forms of each character once the chaos emeralds were collected AND a climactic super sonic boss battle at the end.

Sonic 4 offered 1 playable character, 4 zones with 3 acts each giving 12 levels, super sonic in regular stages... thats it =/. Throw in the fact that the physics are wonky and it's obvious which of the 2 is the superior game... and the PS3, Xbox360, Wii, PC and iPhone are supposedly more powerful than a Genesis...

Hell, Sonic Advance 1 on the GBA in my opinion is better than Sonic 4 =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2012, 07:34:17 PM
I mean like, look at Sonic 4...
Sonic 3& Knuckles, it's predecessor, on an older, I assume to be less powerful console offered 3 playable characters(4 if you count the Sonic & Tails combo), 14(I think) different zones each with 2 acts giving a total of 28(I think) levels, the ability to transform into super forms of each character once the chaos emeralds were collected AND a climactic super sonic boss battle at the end.

Sonic 4 offered 1 playable character, 4 zones with 3 acts each giving 12 levels, super sonic in regular stages... thats it =/. Throw in the fact that the physics are wonky and it's obvious which of the 2 is the superior game... and the PS3, Xbox360, Wii, PC and iPhone are supposedly more powerful than a Genesis...

Hell, Sonic Advance 1 on the GBA in my opinion is better than Sonic 4 =/
Not to mention the music in both games is worlds better than 4's music.

jkid101094

I think Sonic 3 and Knuckles is overly complicated and boring. Then again, I hate the old school Sonic games. Adventure2B 4 life, yo.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 05, 2012, 05:57:36 AM
I think Sonic 3 and Knuckles is overly complicated and boring. Then again, I hate the old school Sonic games. Adventure2B 4 life, yo.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 05, 2012, 07:26:26 AM

Opinions. We all have them.

Anyway, look at the bright side. This reboot could mark the return of the Chao Garden. May be wishful thinking but still.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 05, 2012, 07:32:24 AM
Opinions. We all have them.

Anyway, look at the bright side. This reboot could mark the return of the Chao Garden. May be wishful thinking but still.
Yay... a chao garden... but at what cost? ._.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay