Welcome to GameStop.

Started by jkid101094, November 14, 2011, 05:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

Welcome to GameSHOP.
See the H, Jkid?
But meh.

I haven't ever been to gamestop, but from everything I've heard, this video seems to be everything it is.
Shitty Deals, Annoying, RetardsSellingDemGaims, etc.

jkid101094

Quote from: Jeexx on November 14, 2011, 06:07:04 AM
Welcome to GameSHOP.
See the H, Jkid?
We all know what it's parodying.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 14, 2011, 06:08:26 AM
We all know what it's parodying.
You sure?
What if it's parodying VideoShop?

TheGameNinja

I hate GameStop, but I'd rather give them my money than Wal*Mart or some other store that just sells video games as something else to sell because at least at GS they seem to at care about games. Even if their customer service and sales policies are awful. The sad thing is that there usually isn't another option. Retro game stores usually don't stock new copies of new games and anyone that does has mostly been bought out or forced out of business by GS at this point.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 14, 2011, 06:15:29 AM
I hate GameStop, but I'd rather give them my money than Wal*Mart or some other store that just sells video games as something else to sell because at least at GS they seem to at care about games. Even if their customer service and sales policies are awful. The sad thing is that there usually isn't another option. Retro game stores usually don't stock new copies of new games and anyone that does has mostly been bought out or forced out of business by GS at this point.
That's why I use the internet. A much wider selection and usually without the bullshit. Though, there is a Play and Trade near me as well which is pretty awesome.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

The Forgotten Alex

Is it ironic that i've actually seen this whole thing happen one time in Games(h)top.

I know it's true, I kinda wish Gamestop would go back to being the kind and caring people, instead of the forcingshitdownyourthroat variety.
People asked.

SmashFinale

That's why i miss FuncoLand so damn much. Play N' Trade service with GameStop stocks combined. Greatest VG Store ever recorded in history. I lost so much faith in general stores that i would pirate even the POOREST game publisher. The Internet doesnt matter since physical copies become damaged or have low resell at other stores anyways. *Sigh*. Will it ever return?

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 14, 2011, 12:36:41 PM
That's why i miss FuncoLand so damn much. Will it ever return?
Don't make me cry, now...
:U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

The Forgotten Alex

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 14, 2011, 12:36:41 PM
That's why i miss FuncoLand so damn much.

I've never heard of that place...I feel bad for ya man. It's a shame to see something so great go away.

People asked.

SmashFinale

Try to contain yourself as i describe FuncoLand. You walk through the front entrance. You turn your head right a plethora of Sega console games; Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn, CD. Turn your head left: PSX and N64 Galore, even some SNES games NES, Atari, etc. Look forward and see Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox. Great employees and great return policies. God i miss that store.

TheGameNinja

Like the video implies, GameStop USED to be like that too. But not anymore.

The local store here was called Rhino Games. They offered great trade-in value, which I still have mixed fellings about since I gave up a lot of my Genesis, N64, and GBC games but got some great newerish ones because of it. They had a few imports too, like Japanese Zelda CDs and a few DBZ games that weren't out here yet.

But then GameStop bought them out. >.>

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 14, 2011, 03:11:41 PM
Like the video implies, GameStop USED to be like that too. But not anymore.
It USED to be like that because they didnt have any real policies set up and just used the store they bought out policies.

Tanassy

Wow.. your country is screwed up. :3

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.