PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale/Smash Bros Clone for Sony

Started by SmashFinale, December 25, 2011, 05:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashFinale

Ok game is out now. What do you think?

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on December 25, 2011, 05:44:29 AM
The name of the game is called Title Fight, being made by SuperBot entertainment, and well... JUST LOOK AT THE DAMN LINKS...

PS3...Smash Bros?
More Info
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ghfbHMn0bk&feature=player_embedded
I find this...odd and unnerving that they feel the need to be better than Smash, but if it's in the same vein I may end up renting it. Here's pulling for a Katamari character.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 25, 2011, 05:54:18 AM
I find this...odd and unnerving that they feel the need to be better than Smash, but if it's in the same vein I may end up renting it. Here's pulling for a Katamari character.
Why does it HAVE to be because they want to be better than Nintendo? Msybe they just want an excuse to see Sackboy beat the sh*t outta Kratos?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 27, 2011, 06:39:34 AM
Why does it HAVE to be because they want to be better than Nintendo? Msybe they just want an excuse to see Sackboy beat the sh*t outta Kratos?
The same reason Ninja Turtles did this.

Also because Smash IS one of the most highly acclaimed franchises the Big N has ever put out. Some people bought the Wii just for Brawl.

Besides. They copy everything else Nintendo does. *shot*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

I love how they get all smug with "Nintendo never copied sega megamix or street fighter" when they're completely different gameplay styles.

Anywho, Nobody said that this would be a smash bros clone, for all we know it could be a street fighter clone.
Although street fighter style gameplay is basically the standard for fighters, so it wouldn't be fair to call it a clone.
That said, if it was a smash clone it wouldn't surprise me. HAL labs probably wouldn't be too happy about having their smash engine cloned for some knockoff title destined for the bargain bin though.

They might want to patent it like SEGA did with their Crazy Taxi styled gameplay. For SEGA to do that was just pointless, especially considering that the CT series is basically dead. Nintendo doing that with their smash engine seems reasonable though, especially with their latest installment coming up.

I really don't see why people are getting worked up over vaporware. Just because IGN employees put out some vague sony fanboy video, and one blog says it has an exclusive preview doesn't constitute to a very convincing case.

SmashFinale

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 31, 2011, 09:15:19 PM
I love how they get all smug with "Nintendo never copied sega megamix or street fighter" when they're completely different gameplay styles.

Anywho, Nobody said that this would be a smash bros clone, for all we know it could be a street fighter clone.
Although street fighter style gameplay is basically the standard for fighters, so it wouldn't be fair to call it a clone.
That said, if it was a smash clone it wouldn't surprise me. HAL labs probably wouldn't be too happy about having their Kirby engine cloned for some knockoff title destined for the bargain bin though.

They might want to patent it like SEGA did with their Crazy Taxi styled gameplay. For SEGA to do that was just pointless, especially considering that the CT series is basically dead. Nintendo doing that with their smash engine seems reasonable though, especially with their latest installment coming up.

I really don't see why people are getting worked up over vaporware. Just because IGN employees put out some vague sony fanboy video, and one blog says it has an exclusive preview doesn't constitute to a very convincing case.

You know fucking well how i feel about smash. Based off a certain little Super Star.

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 01, 2012, 08:25:56 PM
You know fucking well how i feel about smash. Based off a certain little Super Star.

No comment.

shadowDOESrock

Remember that rumour that Sony is working on a 'Super Smash'-esque game with all their fan-favourites?
Well, it seems it is true.

Sony registered a domain called playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com
Now, it aint a rumor anymore since the game will be revealed on GameTrailers TV (GTTV) on S p i k e TV this Thursday.
The Show will later be uploaded onto gametrailers.com

Anyone else excited to see what it actually will be like? What characters will be featured?

Also, why the fuck is the word S p i k e beeing switched out with Malcolm-Jamal Warner?

Supersonic196

Hakudamashi

I just hope it's not another storyless fighting crossover game, I've had enough of those.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 21, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
Also, why the fuck is the word S p i k e beeing switched out with Malcolm-Jamal Warner?
Because it's a M L P character and John has a filter on words relating to the show.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 22, 2012, 07:02:46 AM
Because it's a M L P character and John has a filter on words relating to the show.
But it's is such a common name...
And who is Malcolm-Jamal Warner?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay