Has anyone but me noticed...

Started by jkid101094, December 29, 2011, 12:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

That despite the black lines on the screen to make the 3DS screen size the same as the normal DS that the sprites on DS games look blurry and bloated on a 3DS screen?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Yeah, it's that the 3DS has much smaller pixels than the DS screens, so when the 3DS blows up the DS game image to the 3DS resolution, it's blurry. You can start a DS game in the original pixel size by holding Start and Select when you start the game, but it results in a very small image being displayed. The DSi and XL both did the same thing, though to a much smaller extent. Both had larger screens, but compensated by using larger pixels, thus a somewhat blurry image. This is just an amplified version of that.

I noticed it at first, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 29, 2011, 01:25:20 AM
Yeah, it's that the 3DS has much smaller pixels than the DS screens, so when the 3DS blows up the DS game image to the 3DS resolution, it's blurry. You can start a DS game in the original pixel size by holding Start and Select when you start the game, but it results in a very small image being displayed. The DSi and XL both did the same thing, though to a much smaller extent. Both had larger screens, but compensated by using larger pixels, thus a somewhat blurry image. This is just an amplified version of that.

I noticed it at first, but it doesn't bother me anymore.
But the 3DS's screen uses a higher resolution as opposed to the DSi/XL which uses a lower res on a bigger screen.
That's why it looks blurry [on the 3DS], the GPU upscales it.

Another example I've seen is when I've used a TV/Monitor that displays 720p natively, and then a TV/monitor of the same size but that's natively 1080p, but displaying a 720p image, the image looks a little less clear even though it's the same size.

/I know I pretty much said what you just said, I was building on it. :P

jkid101094

I plan on getting Shantae: Risky's Revenge. I hear it's a pretty game and I'd hate for it to be all blurry. :U

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay