Sony has an odd concept..

Started by Supersonic196, February 08, 2012, 10:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

It's a controller, with a touchscreen and gyroscope! Not a lot of details have been revealed yet, but wouldn't it be cool if you could switch the game from your TV to the controller and then keep playing it on the controller?

What'll they come up with next? 3D handhelds?

Anyways, it's titled the "Position-dependent gaming, 3-D controller, and handheld as a remote," the device would track its own location as "input to a video game" and render "an avatar on a mobile device such that it appears to overlay a competing user in the real world."
Meaning something like this:

Sort of a VR "translator" of sorts. While that may seem neat on paper, I can't really see that idea being something enoyable for more than fifteen minutes, unless they made a super monkey ball for the system.

Those photos are from their patent application, so this is actually a thing. It seems kind of neat, but I'd rather play with the PS9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2gzRQ5f3No&feature=player_embedded

Hakudamashi

So like the Wii U is the demo or something?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 10:55:58 AM
So like the Wii U is the demo or something?
They're basically taking the Wii U's concept and doing the same thing to it that they did with the Playstation Move.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 11:03:12 AM
They're basically taking the Wii U's concept and doing the same thing to it that they did with the Playstation Move.
When I'm in front of the T.V., I'd like to stay on my couch :l
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 11:04:34 AM
When I'm in front of the T.V., I'd like to stay on my couch :l
That's not the point of what I said in the slightest.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.