Main Menu

Forum Activity!

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 27, 2012, 02:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Yeah, well... its been quite awhile since the last time no one was online but me. Not even an anon.

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 27, 2012, 02:46:13 AM

Yeah, well... its been quite awhile since the last time no one was online but me. Not even an anon.

Dang, an anon's on with me >:C
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Mephiles

that's happened to me before too. lol
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

Gilly

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: John Gillis on April 27, 2012, 08:06:24 AM
Pretty sad :(

Either most people appear in summer, or the good old summers of like...a couple years ago have gone D: </3
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Gilly

We need to really do something to bring this site back to the way it was before, if not be even bigger than ever. Feel free to give me some ideas, people. Please get your friends to support the site by simply visiting here and participating in the chat room / forum.

Supersonic196

Quote from: John Gillis on April 27, 2012, 08:21:04 AM
We need to really do something to bring this site back to the way it was before, if not be even bigger than ever. Feel free to give me some ideas, people. Please get your friends to support the site by simply visiting here and participating in the chat room / forum.
We could do a community game... S2HD is what put Retro on the map for a lot of people.

I'm actually working on an engine as we speak that features Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails as playable characters.
Once it's done, I could release the source code and our users could make and submit levels, effectively creating an extremely diverse sonic game. Once the level collab was done, all I would need to do is compile the levels into one game and we'd have a product ready to play.

SmashFinale

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 27, 2012, 08:43:02 AM
We could do a community game... S2HD is what put Retro on the map for a lot of people.

I'm actually working on an engine as we speak that features Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails as playable characters.
Once it's done, I could release the source code and our users could make and submit levels, effectively creating an extremely diverse sonic game. Once the level collab was done, all I would need to do is compile the levels into one game and we'd have a product ready to play.
Then i guess this Webiste will be its sponsor?

Supersonic196

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 27, 2012, 09:03:24 AM
Then i guess this Webiste will be its sponsor?
eeyup

If this is to be a community project, I won't be taking credit for the game, rather SZ as a whole will be credited.

Gilly

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 27, 2012, 08:43:02 AM

That is a fantastic idea, man. I know you're currently doing a ton of work with MT's game but if you're serious about this, we can definitely get this started. I will gladly make the game be the official project of SZ. We would just need to do a lot of talking about it obviously. As you heard last night, MT and I combining SZ and SRe are not likely to happen (any time soon at least), so it'd be nice to start our own project...

Supersonic196

Quote from: John Gillis on April 27, 2012, 09:25:49 AM
That is a fantastic idea, man. I know you're currently doing a ton of work with MT's game but if you're serious about this, we can definitely get this started. I will gladly make the game be the official project of SZ. We would just need to do a lot of talking about it obviously. As you heard last night, MT and I combining SZ and SRe are not likely to happen (any time soon at least), so it'd be nice to start our own project...
There's not much talking to do, you can get the forum section going, and I'll finish the engine. Then it's up to the community to go to work on the levels. I'm confident we'll be able to get a collection of incredible diversity and creativity. They will be needing MMF2 to actually work with the source code. I'll upload that to the SZ FTP, and post the link in the level collab section.

Jordan teh Echidna

Hey guys, i managed to get Tobi to advertise SZ to her huge fanbase :3
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Jordan teh echidna on April 27, 2012, 11:20:00 AM
Hey guys, i managed to get Tobi to advertise SZ to her huge fanbase :3
She has a fanbase?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 11:21:21 AM
She has a fanbase?
Of about 1,000 people on her Lady Ghirahim page on FB.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

FlashTheHedgehog123

I like how there's more people on the forum then the chat.
Hello!