Main Menu

Bayonetta 2

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 01, 2012, 03:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Well they are risks after all. A game company can either stay the same and be on this slow, barely sustaining pathway, or they can take risks and either rise or die for it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 25, 2012, 02:31:05 PM
Well they are risks after all. A game company can either stay the same and be on this slow, barely sustaining pathway, or they can take risks and either rise or die for it.
Which recent game took a big risk and didn't die?
Skullgirls that's what >=U
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 25, 2012, 05:23:39 PM
Which recent game took a big risk and didn't die?
Skullgirls that's what >=U
How did Skullgirls risk anything?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 25, 2012, 05:33:44 PM
How did Skullgirls risk anything?
They innovated team fighting by giving the option of custom assists, then almost died as a result, but they didn't.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 26, 2012, 09:08:55 AM
They innovated team fighting by giving the option of custom assists, then almost died as a result, but they didn't.
Oh wow, that's such a risky innovation.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 26, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
Oh wow, that's such a risky innovation.
I know right? So many team fighting have been release since the dawn of time, and only now do we get one that makes us choose our OWN f*cking assists, it is a much welcome and appreciated innovation you ungrateful welp.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 27, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
I know right? So many team fighting have been release since the dawn of time, and only now do we get one that makes us choose our OWN f*cking assists, it is a much welcome and appreciated innovation you ungrateful welp.
I never said it wasn't welcome. It's just not as big of an innovation as you make it out to be.

I could understand if Skullgirls tried crossing FPS games with fighting games or something but you example is such a teeny-tiny change that it can hardly be considered 'risky'.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2012, 12:57:30 PM
I never said it wasn't welcome. It's just not as big of an innovation as you make it out to be.

I could understand if Skullgirls tried crossing FPS games with fighting games or something but you example is such a teeny-tiny change that it can hardly be considered 'risky'.
"risky" is relative, but it doesn't matter
Point is they innovated at all and almost died.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 27, 2012, 01:12:48 PM
"risky" is relative, but it doesn't matter
Point is they innovated at all and almost died.
I don't see how such a small thing could almost kill a company.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2012, 01:16:11 PM
I don't see how such a small thing could almost kill a company.
But haha, it didn't, they came back last week and are continuing to work on the game.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2012, 12:57:30 PM

lolredsteel

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 27, 2012, 01:59:38 PM
lolredsteel
I've never played that game but so long as you understood my point I think we're fine.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

When I said "Taking risks" I meant greatly changing the formula of an established genre, not adding a few features. Remember, your game still has to be, you know, GOOD.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 27, 2012, 08:52:23 PM
When I said "Taking risks" I meant greatly changing the formula of an established genre, not adding a few features. Remember, your game still has to be, you know, GOOD.
I also meant this.

Really the Skullgirl's thing is just silly.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock