My Idea For the Release of Black and White 2

Started by jkid101094, May 26, 2012, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So, Sean, MT, Nazo and a few others did a really long stream today. One of the topics that popped up during it was connecting emulators online and playing multiplayer. That reminded me of something I had seen a day or two prior which apparently would allow you to connect DS roms to Wi-Fi. The legit wi-fi. Not some silly fan-made server.

You know what this would mean, right? This means retail games would be able to connect to the roms. We could trade, battle and do other things with the roms but the most interesting of all, IMO, would be the Battle Videos feature. Pokemon Black, White, Heart Gold, Soul Silver and Platinum allow you to save wi-fi battles to your Battle Pass. These videos could then be uploaded to a server or sent to other friends...

...see what I'm getting at here?

My thought was that Sonic ZONE could essentially have it's own Pokemon rom and game file that we, the members, could register into our Pal Pads and send battle videos to. This, of course, lead to the thought of being able to stream entire tourneys that took place on retail games from the convince of using a rom. I.E., HD footage of my team beating your asses (/totally not being cocky.).

I was not only wondering if someone would help with researching this (though I'm fine with figuring it out myself) but if you guys would even be interested in doing matches and, if so, what kind? I'm open to all suggestions, regulations etc. As for the people on this forum that I know for a fact play the games there are about six or seven so that should be good enough for a Round Robin of some sort.

Of course, this topic would be nothing without the video that spawned this madness so here it is.

As you can see, if if you don't own Black or White you could still join by downloading a rom and temporarily using that. =P

This has the potential to be one of the funnest things we've done, and, after the Pokemon day we could use what we've learned to record a few other games. I'm not sure about other, good, multiplayer DS games but I'm sure we can think of something.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

This literally screws the people that want to see other games on the stream because only game anyone plays on the DS is pokemon. Want to see a Sonic Rush race? Nope, Pokemon. Want to play someone in Mario and Sonic? Nope, Pokemon. Want to play a non-Sonic game? Yeah, we can do that, as long as it is Pokemon.

IMO SonicZone will need a name change if this happens since the only thing that anyone is going to talk about is trading pokemon. Any other game will be ignored.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 26, 2012, 04:35:37 PM
This literally screws the people that want to see other games on the stream because only game anyone plays on the DS is pokemon. Want to see a Sonic Rush race? Nope, Pokemon. Want to play someone in Mario and Sonic? Nope, Pokemon. Want to play a non-Sonic game? Yeah, we can do that, as long as it is Pokemon.

IMO SonicZone will need a name change if this happens since the only thing that anyone is going to talk about is trading pokemon. Any other game will be ignored.
Are you high? In what way did I say this is all we could do? Hell, I even stated we could use this knowledge to play other games. You claim is BS. =P

Reading again I get what you mean but in what way weren't they screwed already? If someone wants to see Sonic Rush and one person or both don't own it they could download it. And it's only for one day. Christ.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 26, 2012, 04:37:07 PM
Are you high? In what way did I say this is all we could do? Hell, I even stated we could use this knowledge to play other games. You claim is BS. =P
Wait until Black and White 2 comes out jkid, you will definitely see an influx in MSN, Skype, Chatango, and this forum of "can i trade with you guys?!" 
And even if you said that YOU would not only play pokemon, EVERYONE ELSE will. This forum always does that. Something tells me that John would start to get so sick of it that he will intervene.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 26, 2012, 04:40:49 PM
Wait until Black and White 2 comes out jkid, you will definitely see an influx in MSN, Skype, Chatango, and this forum of "can i trade with you guys?!"
That would happen either way and it happened last time. Remember that time we all had Pokemon avatars? Streaming the old games does nothing to change that.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

John should censor everything related to Pokemon like he did with ponies.

TheGameNinja

I have a feeling there would be a bit more negativity if that were to happen than when it happened to p*nies.

Jordan teh Echidna

Yo SmashFinale, retrieve this, encapsulate portable atrocities, disregard females and acquire currency!
There would be a pretty big shitstorm if pokemon were banned.
Not as big as anime though. That takes over the forum more than any, i don't see people complaining about it :3
Pesterchum = sirJayden

jkid101094

So is anyone actually interested in this idea? I don't want to spend all this time attempting to get this stuff to work and schedule some point in time to stream it with the admins then have no one to play the games with.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Not that I wouldn't be interested, just that I suck at battling competitively. I play more for the catching. o3o

But I'd support this.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 27, 2012, 03:35:56 AM
Not that I wouldn't be interested, just that I suck at battling competitively. I play more for the catching. o3o

But I'd support this.
Well then maybe there's something else we could do? I'm sure someone could stream Black or White 2 but that kinda kills the needs to figure out the DS emulator.

You know what I've always wanted to do, though? Have you ever seen those videos where about four people play the same game on four different screens? We could try something like that, if possible. Two people play Black 2 and two people play White 2.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.