Pikmin 3: Official Discussion Topic

Started by jkid101094, June 07, 2012, 01:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

We have no topic (to my knowledge) dedicated solely to this game and, unless, Nintendo reveals something SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME AND AMAZING for the system, this will definitely be my, hard to beat, first game for the system (and I know I'm not alone on this), so I figured I'd give it a topic of it's own.

And before you say: "Well 196 did dat topik abowt et an it geting confurmed!11"

Yes, 196 made a topic about it getting confirmed, but that is by no means a topic dedicated solely to information about it. I figured this game deserved a topic with information in the first post like this than one where everything is scattered about. Besides, I doubt 196 gives a flying **** about this game.

It can be assumed that this trailer features the challenge mode solely.

As for information formation about the game let's go over what we know:

*There will be at least one new Pikmin types; Rock Pikmin. These Pikmin will be able to be powerful attackers to be used by your captains and can break fragile objects such as ice and glass.

*The game will feature four new captains, all of which can be controlled similar to Olimar and Louie in Pikmin II, one of which may be the first female captain.

*Red, Yellow and Blue Pikmin will make a return.

*Olimar and Louie, as well as the president of Hocatate and Olimar's family, are either missing from the story at first or removed completely, the reason for this being unknown.

*Captains can toss each other, just like Pikmin, to reach ledges. These captains can then be split from the group to reach other, otherwise inaccesible areas.

There are new ways Pikmin can help the captains, such as sliding down vines or carrying over materials in order to build walls or other things.

Now here are some speculations by the community. Please do not take these as fact:

*Olimar and Louie will be playable in the game's extra modes, such as challenge or battle.

*The game may feature a co-op mode allowing four players with Wiimotes to organize Pikmin together. This is highly unlikely, however, if the Wii U Tablet is used for control. It is possible that 6-player or 5-player co-op could be possible, with the tablet using players either controlling specific Pikmin or doing some other role. If underground holes or dungeons are reintroduced this mode may not work as the game might have to load several maps at once. For this reason I suspect that if co-op is an option it will either be limited to two-players with Wii U Tablets or all players will have to follow whoever moves to a different map. It can be inferred that there are two controllers not accounted for in multiplayer (Olimar and Louie) as well as the Wii U being able to connect two tablets. It is possible that Olimar and Louie would be used by tablet users and play a special role.

Pink Pikmin will also be introduced. These Pikmin will fly and be able to carry items across different areas. This will most likely, however, reduce yellow Pikimin to bomb carriers unless the Pink Pikmin cannot gain altitude after flying. Pink Pikmin may also be enemies, similar to Pikmin 2's Bulborb Pikmin, who can not be taken out of levels.

This image suggests the game may have it's own form of currency which can be used to buy ship upgrades. These may also be a new type of berry or simply a way to score points in the game's challenge mode.

*The battle mode from Pikmin 2 may return. This time possible supporting four to six players at once and possibly even wi-fi battles with the new Wiiverse feature.

And some more screenies:

A peak at the Challenge Mode HUD. Please note that this photo is not of the entire screen and that the YouTube timeline had to be removed.

Pikmin carrying resources to make a bridge as opposed to bashing their heads against it.

Well that's all I've got and all I've heard. How about you guys?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

tl;dr
well i read some of it. I have a strange feeling this takes place way into the future for some reason. And i'm guessing that Purple and White Pikmin are dead and gone now?
Also 196 did a topic about this
JUST KIDDING DONT KILL ME DX

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on June 07, 2012, 09:31:59 AM
Also 196 did a topic about this
JUST KIDDING DONT KILL ME DX
Fuck yo-Oh, you sly bastard.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on June 08, 2012, 07:45:15 AM
Strategy game, do not want.
Pointless post, do not want.

They need to give us a release date already. This holiday 2012 crap doesnt fly with me

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 10, 2012, 10:13:49 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/17245/e3-2012-pikmin-3-wont-have-online-multiplayer-for-the-wii-u-says-miyamoto

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
At least I understand where he's coming from. Remember how in Mario Kart 7 how drivers would suddenly drive off the edge then warp back in front of you or you'd finish in first but get third?

Imagine that kind of shit in a game like Pikmin.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 11, 2012, 07:27:40 AM
At least I understand where he's coming from. Remember how in Mario Kart 7 how drivers would suddenly drive off the edge then warp back in front of you or you'd finish in first but get third?

Imagine that kind of shit in a game like Pikmin.
Yes but....
This is a system in which they could just put out a patch like they did for Mario Kart 7 and SwapNote.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

TailsLover2010

-No advertising in signature, please.