Reasons Why Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Should/Should Not be Remade

Started by jkid101094, August 05, 2012, 08:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Should: (I.E. common reasons I hear against my point.)

1.The games are outdated.

2.You can't get all the Hoenn Pokemon easily anymore.

3.The other regions got a remake so Hoenn should get one too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should Not:

1.If that's the case Fire Red and Leaf Green should get remade as well. Then when Diamond, Perl, Heart Gold and Soul Silver become outdated those should get remade. Then when Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 become outdated they should get remade as well and by that time the Hoenn remakes will also be outdated...See where I'm going with this?

2.Incorrect. Every single Hoenn Pokemon is catchable in HG/SS and Pal Park excluding Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Jirachi and Deoxys. The later two are event Pokemon and have been given away before while

*B2/W2 SPOILERS*
Regirock, Registeel and Regice can all be caught in Platinum via events and in B2/W2 through normal game
play.

*B2/W2 Spoilers Over*

3.Let me direct you to my first point. If that's the case then Diamond, Pearl, Black 2, White 2, White and Black and even future generations will also need remakes at some point. The reason why Red, Blue, Gold and Silver make sense being remade because the shift in game mechanics made trading from the GB to the GBA games impossible. FR/LG/HG/SS have since remedied this. The Hoenn region games, however can still connect to B2/W2 and every other region.

I think I made this topic before. I'm not sure but I felt like putting my reasons out there.

Also this isn't saying I wouldn't like to see a Ruby/Sapphire remake. I'd love to see the games remade but the problem is that they don't have very good reason to be, other than fan demand.

Personally, though. I'd cry an ocean of tears over a Colosseum or XD remake on the Wii U or 3DS.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2012, 08:25:05 AM
The Hoenn region games, however can still connect to B2/W2 and every other region.
And that's one of the reasons i quit altogether another reason is because of the fact that i confused the remakes with the hoenn region xD (and the fact that i kept breaking my GBA and didnt learn what emulators were until 2008).

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2012, 08:25:05 AM
Personally, though. I'd cry an ocean of tears over a Colosseum or XD remake on the Wii U or 3DS.
....Nah. if they make it so you dont need a DS/3DS to play multiplayer (or am i confusing that with Zelda?), then it would be ok to remake this game. Single player mode was fine though.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 05, 2012, 09:50:20 AM
And that's one of the reasons i quit altogether another reason is because of the fact that i confused the remakes with the hoenn region xD (and the fact that i kept breaking my GBA and didnt learn what emulators were until 2008).
Because people who have played the games can use their old Pokemon? That's a stupid reason to quit.

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 05, 2012, 09:50:20 AM
....Nah. if they make it so you dont need a DS/3DS to play multiplayer (or am i confusing that with Zelda?), then it would be ok to remake this game. Single player mode was fine though.
You're confusing it with Zelda. Pokemon Conquest doesn't do muti-player WiFi but all the main games since D/P have had it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2012, 09:58:07 AM
Because people who have played the games can use their old Pokemon? That's a stupid reason to quit.
You're confusing it with Zelda. Pokemon Conquest doesn't do muti-player WiFi but all the main games since D/P have had it.
I mean that i seriously thought that Hoenn and Kanto were the same places but with different name.
And i thought you needed GBA's to do battle mode on Colosseum with friends you needed to plug in your GBA's or something.(and no minigame mode that i saw immediately.)

Conquest doesnt have Multiplayer WiFi? well that game is off my list.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 05, 2012, 10:05:00 AM
I mean that i seriously thought that Hoenn and Kanto were the same places but with different name.

And i thought you needed GBA's to do battle mode on Colosseum with friends you needed to plug in your GBA's or something.(and no minigame mode that i saw immediately.)
You did, if I remembered correctly, however, player 1 could also use his/her team from Colosseum so you only needed 1 GBA.

Conquest doesnt have Multiplayer WiFi? well that game is off my list.
It's an awesome game but it still has it's flaws.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SuperSonic23

Wait. So if Ruby and Sapphire get remakes, that means all the games will be remade eventually? Personally, I think there's going to be an Emerald remake made soon. Seeing how there's usually 5 games in a generation starting from the third.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

jkid101094

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on August 05, 2012, 10:37:12 AM
Wait. So if Ruby and Sapphire get remakes, that means all the games will be remade eventually?
Not necessarily, but by the logic most people are using to justify the R/S remakes they would.

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on August 05, 2012, 10:37:12 AM
Personally, I think there's going to be an Emerald remake made soon. Seeing how there's usually 5 games in a generation starting from the third.
So far it's been two next gen games, third version of the previous two and two remakes. I can see where you're coming from, though and I might actually prefer an Emerald remake.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

IMO I would change should/shouldn't with does/doesn't. Many time it's the same old song and dance.
Nintendo cashing out on a highly popular franchise of its own.

jkid101094

Quote from: Chris Silvano on August 05, 2012, 12:07:23 PM
IMO I would change should/shouldn't with does/doesn't. Many time it's the same old song and dance.
Nintendo cashing out on a highly popular franchise of its own.
Why, exactly? Is there something I'm missing here? Because this post doesn't make any sense to me. =\

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Red and Green were the first Pokemon games. Red and Green got remakes. Not Blue. Not Yellow. Gold and Silver got remakes. Not Crystal. Ruby and Sapphire might get remakes some day, but Emerald will not.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 05, 2012, 04:07:23 PM
Red and Green were the first Pokemon games. Red and Green got remakes. Not Blue. Not Yellow. Gold and Silver got remakes. Not Crystal. Ruby and Sapphire might get remakes some day, but Emerald will not.
I know how it works, TGN. I was just stuck in the American mindset. I know that Blue in Japan was released after Red and Green. =P

However, this generation has been breaking trends, TGN. Remember Pokemon Grey? Guess which game doesn't exist?

Emerald also introduced something very notable over R/S. The Battle Frontier. It would be a shame if they were to remake R/S but leave that area out.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

HGSS had elements from Yellow. If they remade RS I'd assume they would use Emerald as a reference too. I'd love to see the Battle Frontier come back.

I think it'll happen. I also don't think the DS games are obsolete enough to be remade yet. If someone got into Pokemon today, they might have a hard time playing the GBA ones. Maybe even just finding them.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 05, 2012, 04:22:29 PM
I think it'll happen. I also don't think the DS games are obsolete enough to be remade yet. If someone got into Pokemon today, they might have a hard time playing the GBA ones. Maybe even just finding them.
That's one of my problems, though. This also goes for Fire Red and Leaf Green. If the other GBA games are obsolete then we could essentially end up with remakes of remakes. Over time HG and SS would also become outdated and people would complain that those needed remakes.

What I'm saying is that Red, Green, Gold and Silver had valid reasons to be remade, but it wasn't because they were outdated it was because they were severed from the current games. They aren't anymore so the problem is fixed. If the whole generation remake trend continues than we will eventually end up with games being remade several times just to keep up with the current generations.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2012, 04:35:23 PM
That's one of my problems, though. This also goes for Fire Red and Leaf Green. If the other GBA games are obsolete then we could essentially end up with remakes of remakes. Over time HG and SS would also become outdated and people would complain that those needed remakes.
A remake of a remake?
REMACEPT- no wait... Star Fox 64 3D. Already happened xD

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 05, 2012, 06:11:36 PM
A remake of a remake?
REMACEPT- no wait... Star Fox 64 3D. Already happened xD
What was Starfox 64 a remake of?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.