Kid Icarus Uprising (Spoiler Alert)

Started by Hakudamashi, October 20, 2012, 03:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Welp, this was one of my most pleasant surprises of 2012. I loved EVERY second of it.
Also, despite what I've said in the past, I grew to love Palutena, she's my fav next to Pit.

So first thing I wanna talk about is "How about them Story Arcs?"
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I started playing the game but I figured I'd buy it eventually so I stopped after like...the 5th level.

I want to cuddle Palutena and the blonde girl, though.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 20, 2012, 05:06:13 AM
I started playing the game but I figured I'd buy it eventually so I stopped after like...the 5th level.
You should, it's amazing.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on October 20, 2012, 06:46:51 AM
Wind wtf?
How dare you undermine this game?! It's not just "amazing", it's an awesome spectacle of comedy and story. Mostly comedy.

TheGameNinja

It's great. It just feels too long. And I can tell you why,. It weaves all these short stories into one long story, but they really should be separated into something like episodes. The Magnus thing never really goes anywhere. It would have made more sense as its own contained thing. I just think it should have been divided up more, instead of the entire game being set during the war against the underworld.

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on October 20, 2012, 06:46:51 AM
Well I stopped because I planned to buy it at a later date and didn't want to have to beat it twice. At the time I didn't know that Gamefly sent you the game's original packaging if you bought a game and I wanted to get it new so I'd have a shot at the Palutena card.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 20, 2012, 11:02:56 PM
It's great. It just feels too long. And I can tell you why,. It weaves all these short stories into one long story, but they really should be separated into something like episodes. The Magnus thing never really goes anywhere. It would have made more sense as its own contained thing. I just think it should have been divided up more, instead of the entire game being set during the war against the underworld.
So you're  saying this should've been divided into sequels? I'd rather they didn't...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on October 21, 2012, 02:54:56 PM
So you're  saying this should've been divided into sequels? I'd rather they didn't...

No, not separate games. Just divide up the story more. It's not really enough to split into more than one game, but as is the story drags at points. I would have rearranged parts of it. In fact, if they had just pushed back Hades's appearance to later in the game along with some of the underworld stuff I think it would have flowed better.

Hakudamashi

I do wish they would've expounded on Magnus more.
How he knows Dark Lord Gaol, this kid of his that died...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.