Why Does DOA get all hate for oversexualising women?

Started by Hakudamashi, December 04, 2012, 03:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

The DOA girls aren't even that hot =/
And they don't have nearly as overexaggerated boob physics like SFxT does...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 04, 2012, 03:04:16 PM
Because of Extreme Beach Volleyball.
One f*cking spin-off game is all it takes?
One attempt to please the fans, and now they are forever cursed with sex jokes no matter what they do?
One f*cking fan-service, time waster, and that's all it takes to ridicule an entire franchise?

EA has the right idea, f*ck the fans >_>
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 04, 2012, 03:08:30 PM
One f*cking spin-off game is all it takes?
One attempt to please the fans, and now they are forever cursed with sex jokes no matter what they do?
One f*cking fan-service, time waster, and that's all it takes to ridicule an entire franchise?
Pretty much.

Also there were two EBV games.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Soul Calibur gets that as well.

Just, fuck it. All Gamers do is complain about everything, thats why nowdays no one cares anymore about what people say, since its hard to distinguish REAL complaints from whiner complaints. What ACTUALLY makes a game's score go down? 

And thats where the importance of critics come in. But even that starts to blend to shit.
And thats where everyone simply starts looking at the sales.

Hakudamashi

You can try to calm yourself down by telling yourself "Noone's opinion matters but my own", but IT'S NO USE as the online community dies due to bad public opinion...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 04, 2012, 06:28:04 PM
Soul Calibur gets that as well.

Just, fuck it. All Gamers do is complain about everything, thats why nowdays no one cares anymore about what people say, since its hard to distinguish REAL complaints from whiner complaints. What ACTUALLY makes a game's score go down?
I've never seen a reviewer shoot a game's score down for women with revealing clothes. The only people that seems to complain are actual women and it's not like they don't have the right to.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 06, 2012, 11:56:49 PM
I've never seen a reviewer shoot a game's score down for women with revealing clothes. The only people that seems to complain are actual women and it's not like they don't have the right to.
They have a right to bitch about women being oversexualised as men have a right to bitch about being overstupified

And it annoys the f*ck outta me that every DOA "review" in a nutshell is "Tits, there's fighting game mechanics, but mostly tits". If it wasn't for game footage, and my looking into the game, I would've thought DOA had an all female cast, in fact, there ARE people out there who still think DOA has an all female cast.

I love sexy ladies as much as the next guy, but the how ritualistically everyone cries TITS when DOA is involved, much more so than any other fighting game... or games in general, I get annoyed, disgusted even...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Has anyone noticed the DLC costumes? Pretty much all of them are just putting the girls in sexually explicit clothing...
There are no "badass" or "practical" battle costumes, just the typical bikinis, and maids and sh*t.
And the guys barely get any costumes, and when they do, they're so...bland...

There are several games out there that "oversexualise" women, but none of them relish init to the extent DoA does, and as a result, it gets the attention it deserves by showing what they want us to think of their characters...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

Quote from: windlessusher on December 13, 2012, 02:32:07 PM
Has anyone noticed the DLC costumes? Pretty much all of them are just putting the girls in sexually explicit clothing...
There are no "badass" or "practical" battle costumes, just the typical bikinis, and maids and sh*t.
And the guys barely get any costumes, and when they do, they're so...bland...

There are several games out there that "oversexualise" women, but none of them relish init to the extent DoA does, and as a result, it gets the attention it deserves by showing what they want us to think of their characters...

But sadly, "oversexualised" women sell apparently so I doubt they really care about what people think of them. : / A shame really because I do enjoy the fighting mechanics of DoA. (although I am not helping the cause by using only female characters, go go Helena)

Hakudamashi

I main Hitomi, and I find that I only use her karate go, and jacket+pants costumes.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay