December 21st, 2012

Started by jkid101094, December 11, 2012, 10:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: Miles The Hedgehawk on December 18, 2012, 09:59:17 PM
We all know the world is ending on January 31st, when Nyx comes down and destroys us.
Excuse me?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

www.terriblefate.com

Even though it's the countdown for a Majora's Mask music remake album release, it's still bloody awesome.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

NiGHTS

ERMAHGERD A CALENDAR IS ENDING WE ARE ALL SCREWED

because it is not like it cycles like ours does... oh wait

billyhatcher312

Quote from: NiGHTS on December 19, 2012, 08:46:45 AM
ERMAHGERD A CALENDAR IS ENDING WE ARE ALL SCREWED

because it is not like it cycles like ours does... oh wait

still a load of bullshit nonsense about the world ending because the dumbass miyans couldn't predict their own fucken death

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 19, 2012, 10:28:29 AM
Persona 3 reference...
Oh. I should have expected that.

I've never played Persona 3, though.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 19, 2012, 10:43:56 AM
Oh. I should have expected that.

I've never played Persona 3, though.
Why the fuck not?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

Quote from: Erik Larsen on December 19, 2012, 10:27:03 AM
still a load of bullshit nonsense about the world ending because the dumbass miyans couldn't predict their own fucken death

They didn't predict the end of the world. It is like a century in our calendars, it is just a cycle. This is just it restarting :/ that or the mayans finally got bored of scribing it into stone. To be fair it seems like a lot of effort for a calendar.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: NiGHTS on December 19, 2012, 11:13:02 AM
They didn't predict the end of the world. It is like a century in our calendars, it is just a cycle. This is just it restarting :/ that or the mayans finally got bored of scribing it into stone. To be fair it seems like a lot of effort for a calendar.
There is a finite amount of stone they could use, and the Mayans had a finite life span. It just so happens that the last date they recorded was this date.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 19, 2012, 11:19:09 AM
There is a finite amount of stone they could use, and the Mayans had a finite life span. It just so happens that the last date they recorded was this date.
That theory is wrong, Wind. NiGHTS is right.

The end of the next Myan cycle happens to be on "doomsday". This is actually the end of the fourth myan cycle, meaning we've done this three times before.

Basically you know how when the year is done you throw your calendar out and buy a new one? This is essentially what December 21st would be for the myans this year. Sure one calendar ends, but there are dozens more to record time afterwards.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 19, 2012, 12:10:18 PM
Basically you know how when the year is done you throw your calendar out and buy a new one? This is essentially what December 21st would be for the myans this year. Sure one calendar ends, but there are dozens more to record time afterwards.
That makes sense
So it's like, either the Mayans did make more calenders, but were lost, or this is the last calender they made before they got died out?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

No. There are more calendars.

Doomsday is just a hoax and the Mayan calendar ending is too. It was just pinned to that date because whoever started the rumor knew people wouldn't know better.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

To quote NASA:
QuoteThe story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012 and linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

QuoteJust as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

Also, believe it or not, the mayans never died out. There are modern day mayans.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Thanks for that spark of knowledge

So, what do you think people will do on the 20th? I predict an escalation in hate crimes, mainly rapes.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay