Main Menu

Thief

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 26, 2012, 04:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Square Enix is now hiring for positions that will be working on a next-generation installment for their ongoing franchise, "Thief."

According to a report from Gaming Blend on Sunday night, Eidos is currently in the process of hiring for a couple writing positions, one that will be working on a "new installment of Thief on a next-generation Xbox."

The person who earns the positions will "help organize and manage different aspects of the project in conjunction with the Narrative Director, collaborate effectively with various departments to push the limits of story design and integration in the game and assist with the technical integration/implementation of story elements throughout the entire production process."

This next-generation "Thief" game has been dubbed, "Thief 4" as a tentative title; however, some believe it is likely the game will feature a different name once it is announced.

It has been over eight years since people have seen an installment in the "Thief" series, which was when "Thief: Deadly Shadows" was released.

Thief 4 is expected to be a launch title.

Elija2

What ever happened to THI4F?

E == 4

shadowDOESrock

You know what, I love Square Enix.

shadowDOESrock

This looks really cool, actually.

Hakudamashi

As long as they stick to being a game about stealth and stealing, none of that XP for killing people bullshit.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 04, 2014, 09:12:28 AM
As long as they stick to being a game about stealth and stealing, none of that XP for killing people bullshit.

To be fair, that was a thing in Deus Ex HR - yet that didnt stop the game, now did it?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 04, 2014, 10:04:27 AM
To be fair, that was a thing in Deus Ex HR - yet that didnt stop the game, now did it?
I dunno, was Deus Ex known for being a stealth game? Or was it always a "play how you like" game?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 04, 2014, 10:23:56 AM
I dunno, was Deus Ex known for being a stealth game? Or was it always a "play how you like" game?

Stealth.

Its an RPG though, so eventually you might have stats where you could go in guns-blazing.
S' hard though.

Hakudamashi

But I'm pretty sure Deus Ex, much like Dishonored were more like "It's preferred if you use stealth, but you can kill everyone if you want"
While Thief was more like "Don't get caught you n00b"
I mean, the game is even called Thief
inb4inFamousrebuttal.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 04, 2014, 10:54:37 AM
But I'm pretty sure Deus Ex, much like Dishonored were more like "It's preferred if you use stealth, but you can kill everyone if you want"
While Thief was more like "Don't get caught you n00b"
I mean, the game is even called Thief
inb4inFamousrebuttal.

Well, yeah
It's a bit more extreme in Dishonored, but in Deus Ex you technically can go in every guns-blazing.
It's really freaking hard, until way later on.

It looks like in this case you simply still have the option to 'fight back' and go back into hiding, rather than 'you can go in like arnold' or 'game over'

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Well I'm ok with that.

Not sure about any Thief purists out there.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock