The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (HD Remake)

Started by SmashFinale, January 23, 2013, 03:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princessofthechaosemerald

I got to play a bit of it at that E3 Nintendo event thing; it was beautiful IMO. It was kind of funny to play since the gamepad was the controller for the game. Other than that I thought it was really nice.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Maddie8D on June 24, 2013, 05:57:27 AM
I got to play a bit of it at that E3 Nintendo event thing; it was beautiful IMO. It was kind of funny to play since the gamepad was the controller for the game. Other than that I thought it was really nice.
Do you use the right analog stick to move the camera?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jordan teh Echidna

I actually wished Nintendo had the knowledge that Europe existed.

Didn't get to play it but I really want it ;_;
Pesterchum = sirJayden

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Jordan teh Echidna on June 24, 2013, 07:37:50 AM
I actually wished Nintendo had the knowledge that Europe existed.

Didn't get to play it but I really want it ;_;

Nintendo has been testing this formula in europe since the wii launch now... :l

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 07:36:09 AM
Do you use the right analog stick to move the camera?
uhhhmmm I just used the shoulder buttons? I honestly don't remember exactly. I think I might have. I know the ABXY buttons were for items, since I was fighting the Helmroc King it was the Skull Hammer, and that was it really.

shadowDOESrock

QuoteSpeaking with Wired, Aonuma said, “When we looked at creating a Zelda for Wii U, there were so many possibilities given the HD graphics. But rather than starting from zero, we actually ran a few tests.

“We tried converting other console games to Wii U. We actually did this with Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. And the result of that was, hmm, those are semi-realistic representations of the Zelda world so we weren’t really surprised with what we got. But with Wind Waker, when we converted that to HD we were really surprised at how great it looked.”

“We actually started thinking, maybe it was too soon to create that graphic style with the GameCube because of the limitations of the hardware. And we’re finding that we’re able to do what we wanted to do: The vision that we had then was being created thanks to the system specs and the HD graphics.

“It feels like we’re really able to create the complete Wind Waker experience on Wii U. In addition to the graphics, we’ve also got the GamePad and there’s lots of other pluses that we’re finding in converting to the Wii U system.”

Aonuma’s explanation make sense, given that Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess already looked impressive given the Wii’s hardware power, so bringing the GameCube’s Wind Waker into the HD age will make the leap appear more significant.

However, not everyone saw it from Aonuma’s point of view initially, “When I suggested moving forward with Wind Waker HD, internally there was actually a lot of pushback. The reason for that is, people were saying, ‘Oh, that Link. People didn’t like that Link.’ But in talking to our counterparts in the U.S., that wasn’t actually the case, people didn’t have that negative reaction maybe anymore to that younger Link.”

You had Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess tested and went with Wind Waker? Okay.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 04, 2013, 04:12:08 AM
You had Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess tested and went with Wind Waker? Okay.
D: I don't see what's so wrong with Wind Waker Link, he was adorable!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 04, 2013, 04:12:08 AM
I see nothing wrong here.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

I dont like Wind Wanker.

I also dont like Skyward Sword and it'd be great to have a playable version on the Wii U.

Jordan teh Echidna

Am I the only one who just wants a Majora's Mask HD remake?
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 04, 2013, 06:42:58 AM
I dont like Wind Wanker.

I also dont like Skyward Sword and it'd be great to have a playable version on the Wii U.
You do remember the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii and not Gamecube right?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on July 04, 2013, 07:06:21 AM
You do remember the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii and not Gamecube right?

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 04, 2013, 06:42:58 AM

By that i mean functional.
And by that i mean without the barely working motion controls.
And by that i mean with a normal fucking controller.

Or just functional motion controls like Twilight Princess had.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 04, 2013, 07:17:36 AM
By that i mean functional.
And by that i mean without the barely working motion controls.
And by that i mean with a normal fucking controller.

Or just functional motion controls like Twilight Princess had.
I still wouldn't like it for 5 reasons:
1.The stamina meter.
2.The "trials"
3.The boring as f*ck hub world
4.The Imprisoned boss fight, all of them
5.The rate of backtracking.

Fixing the controls won't fix these 5 major problems I personally have with the game.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Quote from: windlessusher on July 04, 2013, 07:39:12 AM
I still wouldn't like it for 5 reasons:
1.The stamina meter.
2.The "trials"
3.The boring as f*ck hub world
4.The Imprisoned boss fight, all of them
5.The rate of backtracking.

Fixing the controls won't fix these 5 major problems I personally have with the game.

1. It's a much better idea than what we've had in other Zelda games.
2. We all agree they suck.
3. It was better than Wind Waker's by a long shot.
4. The first one wasn't bad.
5. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both had significantly more backtracking.

The controls are something you have to get used to. Deal with it. If they don't work properly, that's a different concern. But in this case they do, aside from the occasional poorly registered sword swings but even Twilight Princess had those. And this time you don't have two controls mapped to the same input(like shield attacks and spin attacks were in Twilight Princess.)

I liked the controls in Skyward Sword better than the Wii Twilight Princess, although, albeit you had to recalibrate them... a lot, it was still fun! I had no problems with the controlls.