Do Exclusives Still Matter?

Started by Hakudamashi, February 09, 2013, 05:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 11, 2013, 10:52:06 PM
Even some games that support controls do so poorly.
I blame lazy developers >=U
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on February 11, 2013, 10:18:16 PM
I find a simple $300 laptop to do just fine

You couldn't run Far Cry 3 on that, or any more recent game with the same quality as on a console.
Everyone has PC's, that is probably true, but most people don't have a PC that can run Games with the same quality as a Console.

Not only that, but people want to play with friends. They want to hang out on the couch, chill and simply have fun.
They dont want to worry about patches, right configuration, GFX Cards, etc.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 11, 2013, 11:44:25 PM
You couldn't run Far Cry 3 on that, or any more recent game with the same quality as on a console.
Everyone has PC's, that is probably true, but most people don't have a PC that can run Games with the same quality as a Console.

Not only that, but people want to play with friends. They want to hang out on the couch, chill and simply have fun.
They dont want to worry about patches, right configuration, GFX Cards, etc.
This may be just me, but I don't think that matters unless you're a graphics whore. Most people would just be happy to play the game...

Steam

PC gamers need to worry about GFX cards and configuration as much as console gamers have to worry about console cycles ending.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on February 11, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
This may be just me, but I don't think that matters unless you're a graphics whore. Most people would just be happy to play the game...

Steam

PC gamers need to worry about GFX cards and configuration as much as console gamers have to worry about console cycles ending.

Most people wouldnt be happy. If that was the case, PC Gaming would be the most popular choice, yet it is the most unpopular one by far. I have like a 1000 Dollar PC and still everything runs better on my 360.

If i want to run games at the same quality, i'd need to pay 300 bucks for a proper graphics card.
I could buy a Wii U for that and get more unique experiences and games i actually own.
See where i'm getting at?

I myself dont like PC Gaming because of Steam.

I dont really own anything i purchase on there, even if i have it on Disk. It is all digital.
And if the Nextbox and PS4 go that route as well, i'll say goodbye to gaming.
Well, there still is Nintendo.

SmashFinale

I cant even make a comment here now. All the reasons i prefer console over PC gaming(FUCKING SUCKS MAN) has already been stated.I mean like seriously, if its a multiplatform game, it would be smarter to use something that can actually play the damn game instead of constantly having to change setting to get it running at 60fps. Its not worth the fucking hassle or the damn money.

Hakudamashi

My father spent $1000 on a Dell PC 22 years ago, and it can still run most games nowadays near max settings and run at 60FPS. I would prefer to spend the big money one time, and have it last 2 decades, over paying a relatively small amount of money for something that will be obsolete in 5-7 years

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 12, 2013, 12:42:47 AM
I dont really own anything i purchase on there, even if i have it on Disk. It is all digital.
And if the Nextbox and PS4 go that route as well, i'll say goodbye to gaming.
Well, there still is Nintendo.
They still have retail PC games...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay