Nintendo, I want to give you my money...

Started by Hakudamashi, July 26, 2013, 08:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

You gave me what I wanted, Earthbound is right there. I would like to pay for it rather than just emulate it, but they just refuse my credit card...

Why does Nintendo support region locking again?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Because Japanese gamers exist.
and one thing Japanese gamers do is buy the cheaper version of games that come out. and the western releases are cheaper than the eastern releases.
GOT IT?! IT AINT FOR THE WESTERNERS! ITS FOR THE JAPANESE!

THERE IS THE BEST ANSWER I CAN THINK OF.

Hakudamashi

And the cost of making the Eshop completely usless to me...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote"From some people's perspective, it might seem like a kind of restriction," said Iwata, speaking to IGN. "However, we hope people can appreciate the fact that we're selling our products worldwide. There are many different regions around the world, and each region has its own cultural acceptance and legal restrictions, as well as different age ratings. There are always things that we're required to do in each different region, which may go counter to the idea that players around the world want the freedom to play whatever they want."

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on July 26, 2013, 08:41:14 PM

"We sell our products worldwide"
Caribbean store doesn't exist... I guess I live on another world then?

Post Merge: July 27, 2013, 06:22:04 PM

GUYS, I found a solution. TheCardCloset is a site where you pay for the card and they email the code to you.

Take that region locking.

Post Merge: July 28, 2013, 06:33:03 AM

Um, can someone explain to me why my funds aren't shared between my 3DS and Wii U?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 28, 2013, 05:34:05 AM
Um, can someone explain to me why my funds aren't shared between my 3DS and Wii U?
It's really stupid but they aren't supposed to be.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 28, 2013, 09:14:17 AM
How come? The Vita and PS3 share funds using my PSN account, so why can't the Wii U and 3DS share funds using my Club Nintendo account?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 28, 2013, 10:58:15 AM
How come? The Vita and PS3 share funds using my PSN account, so why can't the Wii U and 3DS share funds using my Club Nintendo account?
I'd honestly like to know the answer myself.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 28, 2013, 09:14:17 AM

I have no idea. The points can be loaded to either the Wii U or 3DS, but once they're there, they can't be used on the other. Which is rediculous.

jkid101094

Could be because Nintendo Network or whatever it's called didn't exist until the Wii U. Unlike PSN I guess they have no way to verify who's account is whose?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 28, 2013, 12:01:30 PM
Could be because Nintendo Network or whatever it's called didn't exist until the Wii U. Unlike PSN I guess they have no way to verify who's account is whose?
B-but they both link to your Club Nintendo account, can't they use that to verify?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Because PSN is a single service, whereas the 3DS eShop and Nintendo Network are separate ones.

We're all waiting for the day the 3DS gets updated with Nintendo Network/Miiverse, etc ...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on July 28, 2013, 08:09:53 PM
Because PSN is a single service, whereas the 3DS eShop and Nintendo Network are separate ones.

We're all waiting for the day the 3DS gets updated with Nintendo Network/Miiverse, etc ...
It's a software issue, so I'm sure it's something that can be patched in...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

It's not just a matter of software, they'd also have to merge all of the servers, as well as pretty much code an entirely new set of software for the 3DS platform. If they ever plan on doing it, they'll have to take everything down for a while, which would mean no online service for a while, and then everyone would have to download a mandatory update just to use online functions on their system.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on July 29, 2013, 04:36:40 AM
It's not just a matter of software, they'd also have to merge all of the servers, as well as pretty much code an entirely new set of software for the 3DS platform. If they ever plan on doing it, they'll have to take everything down for a while, which would mean no online service for a while, and then everyone would have to download a mandatory update just to use online functions on their system.
Well, if people can tolerate and forgive Sony's network outage, and their weekly maintenance, I'm sure we'll be fine.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay