Main Menu

So I Have $50...

Started by jkid101094, November 15, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

My dad gave me a very late birthday present in the form of $50 which is not bad at all. I'll probably be coming into more money come Christmas (hopefully) so I'm wondering what I should do with it. I'm kind of a hoarder in the sense that when I'm broke I want a million things but when I have money I can't think of what to get so I need your help.

As of now these are things that interest me in no particular order:

• Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
  • Project X Zone
  • Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Dokapon Kingdom
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Saving it up for Pokemon Z
  • DSTwo (DS Flashcart)
  • RPG Maker 1, 2 and 3 (PS2 games)
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Pikmin 3
  • Random plushies

I really can't think of anything else right now, so please help...? Suggest anything that isn't related to 999 and I'll consider it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Well you really love Peach, so I would recommend 3D World. And it's a Mario game, so you can be confident in it's replay value. But before I say anything definitely, what is the DSTwo?

But in the off chance you're not gonna get any money till like, ur next birthday or something, consider saving for SSB4.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Sonic Lost World 3DS. Also Virtue's Last Re...

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2013, 06:59:13 PM
Suggest anything that isn't related to 999 and I'll consider it.

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 15, 2013, 07:07:43 PM
Well you really love Peach, so I would recommend 3D World. And it's a Mario game, so you can be confident in it's replay value.
I actually haven't bought a Mario game in a long while. So I'm definitely considering it but at the same time things like the RPG Maker Games, Dokapon Kingdom and Project X Zone are going to be harder to find the longer I wait...

But before I say anything definitely, what is the DSTwo?
It's a two slot flash cart which essentially means I can use it to play GBA and DS roms on my actual DS, meaning I can start playing hacks that I've wanted to try.

But in the off chance you're not gonna get any money till like, ur next birthday or something, consider saving for SSB4.
My mom knows I really want those games and she's really cool about pulling through to get them for me, so I'm not too worried about it.

Quote from: Elija2 on November 15, 2013, 07:09:21 PM
Sonic Lost World 3DS. Also Virtue's Last Re...

I saw you coming a mile away.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2013, 07:12:41 PM
I saw you coming a mile away.

I wasn't even gonna recommend it until you reminded me.

But fine, get the inferior game Dual Destinies.

Hakudamashi

I actually haven't bought a Mario game in a long while. So I'm definitely considering it but at the same time things like the RPG Maker Games, Dokapon Kingdom and Project X Zone are going to be harder to find the longer I wait...
When you put it that way, then it probably would be better to hold off on 3D World, cause Mario will always be available. Maybe Fire Emblem Awakening, cause that game is surprisingly hard to find.

It's a two slot flash cart which essentially means I can use it to play GBA and DS roms on my actual DS, meaning I can start playing hacks that I've wanted to try.
Sounds like you would get the most enjoyment out of that. Can you use it to try out the previous Mario and Luigi RPGs?

My mom knows I really want those games and she's really cool about pulling through to get them for me, so I'm not too worried about it.
Well, depending on how patient you are, I'd recommend waiting until after your mom pulls through for you with SSB4, then spend the $50, for not only on the off chance that she can't get it for whatever reason, but also for the chance of one of those games being on sale.

Also, you like cuddling fictional women, what about Rune Factory?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 15, 2013, 07:36:15 PM
When you put it that way, then it probably would be better to hold off on 3D World, cause Mario will always be available. Maybe Fire Emblem Awakening, cause that game is surprisingly hard to find.
Noted. I actually debated getting Awakening instead of Pokemon Y but decided to go both versions instead.

Sounds like you would get the most enjoyment out of that. Can you use it to try out the previous Mario and Luigi RPGs?
Of course but the only one I don't already own is Partners in Time and I don't think there are any hacks out for them.

Well, depending on how patient you are, I'd recommend waiting until after your mom pulls through for you with SSB4, then spend the $50, for not only on the off chance that she can't get it for whatever reason, but also for the chance of one of those games being on sale.
Well mom might also use it for something else and 'forget' to pay me back. It's better to use it before she can, even she tells me that.

Also, you like cuddling fictional women, what about Rune Factory?
Oh it's high up on there, especially because one of the girls reminds me of Saber. Just not sure if it's worth getting over the other games.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Serious recommendations (I have no idea if you already have these games or not):

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations

Those are four online games you can play with me so I'll have a reason for keeping you on my friend list.

Hakudamashi

Ok, from what I've gathered, I'd recommend DSTwo, Fire Emblem Awakening, or Rune Factory.
Everything else I'm sure will be readily available when you next get money.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on November 15, 2013, 07:45:51 PM
Serious recommendations (I have no idea if you already have these games or not):

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations

Those are four online games you can play with me so I'll have a reason for keeping you on my friend list.
I do have Mario Kart 7, though I haven't played it in awhile.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 15, 2013, 07:50:14 PM
Ok, from what I've gathered, I'd recommend DSTwo, Fire Emblem Awakening, or Rune Factory.
Everything else I'm sure will be readily available when you next get money.
I'll take your recommendations into consideration. Thankies~

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Also maybe consider:

Senran Kagura Burst - side-scrolling beat-em-up with objectified female ninjas
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - dungeon crawler RPG where you draw your own maps
Shin Megami Tensei IV - RPG where you battle and recruit demons
Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Run your own boutique. Apparently it's a good game?
Hometown Story - Harvest Moon but where you run a store. Apparently it's not that good but you might like it.
A Link Between Worlds - not a Zelda fan?
Attack of the Friday Monsters! - a short but sweet little story game set in a rural town in Japan

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2013, 07:52:48 PM
I do have Mario Kart 7, though I haven't played it in awhile.

First Animal Crossing and now Mario Kart. I'll never play anything with any of you guys.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on November 15, 2013, 08:19:19 PM
Senran Kagura Burst - side-scrolling beat-em-up with objectified female ninjas
Not interested in the slightest.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - dungeon crawler RPG where you draw your own maps
Sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

Shin Megami Tensei IV - RPG where you battle and recruit demons
I want to play Nocturne first. I heard it's amazing.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Run your own boutique. Apparently it's a good game?
...I think I'll pass, Gracie clothes or not...

Hometown Story - Harvest Moon but where you run a store. Apparently it's not that good but you might like it.
I've looked into it before. It's definitely up my alley.

A Link Between Worlds - not a Zelda fan?
I like Zelda, but I don't go nuts over every new one that comes out. I prefer the 3D games anyway.

Attack of the Friday Monsters! - a short but sweet little story game set in a rural town in Japan
I've actually heard of it. I'll look into it.

First Animal Crossing and now Mario Kart. I'll never play anything with any of you guys.
Thou ist not worthy.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 15, 2013, 08:25:24 PM
Well, you have Pokemon =P

I haven't played Pokemon all month and I'm sure if I were to go back to it you'd all kick my ass. All I'm good for is sending and receiving O-Powers and giving out "Nice!"