I Have A Problem When I Enjoy Things

Started by Hakudamashi, December 02, 2013, 06:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

You guys are aware that I bitch alot, and will go on and on about things I hate nowadays like some cranky old person, and when I'm done with my hating of the current state of the world, I search the internets to find things that I might actually like to occupy my time and remind me that the current world doesn't suck ass.
But when I do find these rare gems that I actually end up liking, there are 3 things that always prevent me from liking it as much as I would have.
1.The chance that everything can go wrong at any point. It starts out to my liking, but then it just suddenly takes a turn into just another thing that I do not want.

2.What do when it's over? I don't want anything to drag on forever, but at the same time, I always get this kind of void feeling in my gut when I see those ending credits. The more I enjoyed it, the worse I feel, unless it's one of them sombre, soothing, very satisfying ending credit rolls like Sonic Unleashed or Xenoblade Chronicles.

3.The search. When I'm done with one thing, I gotta look for that other thing to like, or I'm gonna be cranky Haku again, and nobody wants to deal with that sh*t. Wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't soo difficult to find things I like, especially since my tastes are apparently very different from the rest of the world.

Sure, I can alleviate these issues by simply re-watching/playing those things I enjoyed, and for the most part, it helps, but I still can't get over this feeling of frustration I have for having niche tastes.

I've been able to deal with it soo far, but now, I feel if I don't talk to somebody about this to somebody, I'm gonna grow into a person nobody wants to be around.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 02, 2013, 06:43:17 PM
1.The chance that everything can go wrong at any point. It starts out to my liking, but then it just suddenly takes a turn into just another thing that I do not want.

Shit happens man, what are you gonna do?

2.What do when it's over? I don't want anything to drag on forever, but at the same time, I always get this kind of void feeling in my gut when I see those ending credits. The more I enjoyed it, the worse I feel, unless it's one of them sombre, soothing, very satisfying ending credit rolls like Sonic Unleashed or Xenoblade Chronicles.

All I can say is this cheesy platitude: "Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened."

3.The search. When I'm done with one thing, I gotta look for that other thing to like, or I'm gonna be cranky Haku again, and nobody wants to deal with that sh*t. Wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't soo difficult to find things I like, especially since my tastes are apparently very different from the rest of the world.

Maybe this would be a good chance to experiment with new things to try and broaden your tastes?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on December 02, 2013, 08:24:07 PM
Shit happens man, what are you gonna do?
Stop watching for starters.

All I can say is this cheesy platitude: "Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened."
I guess.

Maybe this would be a good chance to experiment with new things to try and broaden your tastes?
That hasn't been working out all too well for me lately...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 03, 2013, 04:12:32 AM
That hasn't been working out all too well for me lately...
Go watch an LP of LLtQ if you don't mind spoilers. That way I have someone to talk about it with.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I'll go do that then.
It's not like I'll find an LP that will make the choices I would make.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I'm not interested in it from what I've seen but I'll give it a chance for your sake...if there's a demo or a good LP.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Seems very Spanish...I don't think I've ever gone over how much I hate Spanish culture, have I? :c

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

It's one of the reasons I hate Hawlucha so much. Spanish/Mexican things just never sat well with me. Sure there are some concepts I like the Day of the Dead but don't you dare ask me to paint a skull.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Does that mean you didn't like Mucha Lucha either?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay