So I Played Jet Set Radio

Started by Hakudamashi, December 13, 2013, 10:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

For 45 minutes

Then I played Sonic 06 =/
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I never played the original but I've played Future and really enjoyed it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm gonna need some more information before I can conclude whether or not you're insane.

Hakudamashi

I started a new game, cause I figured whatever the tutorial was gonna tell me would be told to me during the story anyway.

So Gum be all like "Do what I do foo", so I just had to move and jump...
Ho-ly-shit, this nigga is stiff, takes turns wide and is barely agile, like some punk on roller skates or something, it was horrible, but then I thought to myself that the level design would surely compensate for the controls and pressed on.
Then I got to that cutscene with the Professor K person...who I do not like... at all.

Then I got to the first level, where I had to collect X to accomplishment Y under a set time limit while people were out trying to kill me the whole way.

So I was like, "Maybe I just suck at video games today" so I put in the game with the worst controls I could think of, Sonic 06, to test this...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

It's an arcadey game. Once you get used to the controls they're not bad. And I don't know what kind of level design you were expecting, but they fit the controls very well.

Professor K is pretty cheesy in this game. He's better in Future.

Future definitely has better controls and funner levels to navigate, but they're both pretty different games. Future is more of an action/adventure/platforming game.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on December 13, 2013, 01:25:21 PM
It's an arcadey game. Once you get used to the controls they're not bad. And I don't know what kind of level design you were expecting, but they fit the controls very well.
I guess I'll take your word for it and press on...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I'm not promising that you'll like the game, I'm just saying to think of it as a score-based game (since it pretty much is) and not as a platformer of whatever.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Also the game is really short. You can easily beat it in one sitting, which I suppose is a good thing because there is no level select so if you want to re-play a level you have to go through the game again to get to it.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

At least this game doesn't have branching paths that can cause you to miss a bunch of levels.

Hakudamashi

But with branching levels I can choose to go through the levels that I'm most comfortable with.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So basically you want to skip the levels that you suck at?

Hakudamashi

...Yes?
Why play levels I don't like?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

If it's a good game there shouldn't be any levels that you don't like.