Project "Diancie Theory"

Started by jkid101094, February 06, 2014, 02:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

uyftrdsxedtyuij vysdpojrdp[;mhgft6rhjbvgfdftryugjiokuygtrdestyghujiokm,mijnuhbytcrxrdthulpuhgvf

^ What I feel like right now.

So remember when I told NiGHTS I knew something about Pokegen that he didn't? Well it's true to an extent, but when I originally said that I didn't expect to be up until 7:00 in the morning having made no progress on what I was doing.

Here's the deal. In Generation V there are 649 Pokemon, right?

WRONG.

There are actually 705 Pokemon in Generation V. No, I'm not joking. This big group beyond the dex contains things like the Pokestar Studios monsters, Bad Egg and our old friend Missingno. in his most lazy form yet. Naturally if you cause these Pokemon to come up in the wild you can fight and capture them, but sadly the game has a fatal error upon trying to view their dex entries and crashes.

Why is this important to X and Y, you ask? Because of one VERY IMPORTANT oversight. Pokemon Transporter loads data from Black 2 (in this case) and not the other way around. Meaning that there is a possibility that it could misinterpret these glitch Pokemon.

A Pokemon's ID in the games' code is the exact same as it's National Dex number, so Bulbasaur is 01 (1), Caterpie is 0A (10), ect. So what would Pokemon Transporter load Pokemon beyond with an ID higher than 649? That's right, it would read them as Generation VI Pokemon.

...Or so my theory states, anyway. It's possible that only Pokemon Bank can interpret data from Gen 6 Pokemon and that's why they're separate apps. Either way I haven't been able to test my theory and that's what's pissing me off. I can't find a way to add a Pokemon with an ID of 650+ to my box. I've tried splicing code together, comparing codes to learn what each line edits and I even tried catching them in the wild but, as previously stated, the game crashed.

So this is where you guys come in. If I have to take anymore of this tonight I'm going to jump face first off the roof of my house so while I sleep I leave my legacy up to you. I'm sure you guys can find something and I remember there being a code to skip the Pokedex entry screen but I can't find it for the life of me. If I had a code to add a Pokemon with a Generation VI ID with my box I could, in theory, also get a shiny Xerneas...or even better...

Here are edited Wild Pokemon Encounter codes for those of you able to makes use of them.

Code (Hold Select Before Encounter for xxx) Select
94000130 FFFB0000 B2000024 00000000 C0000000 0000002F 00036B04 0000XXXX DC000000 00000004 D2000000 00000000

In this code "XXXX" is the Pokemon's National Dex Number in hex. So for example if Chesnaut existed in Generation V he would be "028C". Keep in mind that every X needs to be replaced in the code so use zeroes if you don't have enough characters.

Here is a list of my findings.

Code (Excess Encounter List (Gen V/Gen VI)) Select

028A = Egg/Chespin (UFO sprite with a different cry.)
028B = Bad Egg/Quilladin (Brycenman sprite with a Jynx's cry.)
028C = UFO/Chenaut (UFO from Pokestar Studios. Has an eerie cry.)
-Values between 028C and 02C1 untested-
02C1 = /Sligoo (Unknown T with an odd moveset and weird characters in it's name.)

Game Freezes with values above 705 (02C1). The only hope for these Pokemon is to force them into the box without viewing them and having Pokemon Transporter load them.

Also fare warning to those of you actually willing to use those codes, some of those Pokemon are horrifying. Bad Egg is Brycen Man with Jynx's cry. It makes me want to cuddle my mommy.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Well I'm sorry, but I have neither.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

This project is coming along nicely...but not in the way I intended.

I need to recruit a few of you kids using emulators. Basically if all goes well Diancie will be catchable in a modded version of Pokemon Black 2. From there she may be able to be imported to our real games via Pokegen and then into Pokemon Bank.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

If this were possible, whouldn't the Pokegen fro Black 2 have it already?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 13, 2014, 09:46:53 AM
If this were possible, whouldn't the Pokegen fro Black 2 have it already?
All depends. Has anyone ever tried it?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So you're trying to be the first?
orightyousuckatemulatorsnevermind.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I might suck with emulators but I'm better at hacking than your ass will ever be.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay