My Brother is the WORST Kind of "Gamer"

Started by jkid101094, October 14, 2014, 02:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So we went to Gamestop today. I went to get codes for Diancie and reserve Alpha Sapphire and Smash Wii U and he went to return Resident Evil 6 (which he played for 4 minutes before deciding he hated it). I got my stuff done quickly and decided to help recommend a game for him to buy. What were my suggestions? Well I'm not a big PS3 guy so I was only able to recommend things I've heard about. Here's what we found for $17.99 (all he could afford):

• Bioshock
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Borderlands
  • Borderlands 2: Complete Edittion
  • Xcom Enemy Unknown
  • Fallout 3: GotY Edittion
  • Fallout New Vegas: Complete Edittion
  • Shadow of the Colossus + ICO HD
  • A pack with Bioshock, Borderlands and Xcom all in one.
  • Dark Souls
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Crysis 3

On top of that there was a guy who explained to him that The Walking Dead games by Telltale and The Last of us were also great games (along with everything I recommended)...You know what he walks out with?

Payday: The Heist.

Now not to knock on Payday, I hear it's good in it's own right, but how do you pass up on something like Bordelands 2 with all the DLC already included?

"It's unrealistic and gay."

...Are you fucking kidding me, bro?

He apparently hates things that are unrealistic. Now bare in mind that he likes things like Need for Speed and those yearly MLB and Madden titles but he also played Pokemon, Shining Force and Harvest Moon with me growing up and even revisits them on his phone (via emulator). Not to mention he likes games with zombies. There is NOTHING realistic about Pokemon or Resident Evil. What kind of logic is that even?

So he walked out with Payday and the plan to return it for The Last of Us when he could afford it.

Do you guys have anything to recommend to him? I want to get him to step outside his comfort zone but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

lol, Payday is going to be free on Steam in a couple days anyway, but I'm guessing you guys don't have a gaming PC.

I'm not sure what I could recommend to the kid. I mean, he hates Resident Evil 6 so obviously his taste in games is fucked up.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 14, 2014, 02:42:23 PM
lol, Payday is going to be free on Steam in a couple days anyway, but I'm guessing you guys don't have a gaming PC.
Nah. All we have are laptops.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Hakudamashi

Well if that's what he's into, then I'd say let him be.

But a realistic game that branches into the unrealistic?
I'd say Binary Domain. I mean it's robots, if he can handle Zombies, he can handle that.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 14, 2014, 03:04:45 PM
What consoles do you guys have?
He only has a PS3.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 14, 2014, 03:07:56 PM
Well if that's what he's into, then I'd say let him be.

But a realistic game that branches into the unrealistic?
I'd say Binary Domain. I mean it's robots, if he can handle Zombies, he can handle that.
He hates futuristic stuff.

See this is why he aggravates me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

The hilarious part is that they actually DID have a Project Diva game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Yeah, because Payday is totally realistic.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 14, 2014, 03:14:01 PM
He hates futuristic stuff.
ragglefraggle

Then tell him to play Metal Gear
That's not in the future.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 15, 2014, 02:36:43 AM
ragglefraggle

Then tell him to play Metal Gear
That's not in the future.

That has giant robots. And guys who can control bees.

And Otacon.

Hakudamashi

That's not futuristic, it's nanomachines
There's a difference.
Probably.
Maybe.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

I would say let him play whatever he wants, maybe he will get bored of the "realistic" stuff and try other genres later.