Looking For People With Time on Their Hands to Play a Shitty Game

Started by jkid101094, January 23, 2015, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

To try to make a long story short I'm doing a thing in RPG Maker which is a reenvisioning of a project I did wayyyy back in 2007 for my brother. It contained crude, racist and otherwise offensive humor (I was young, OK?) and was only about 10 minutes long (if that) but the main idea stuck with me and over the years the name has stuck with me on every forum I've ever been to.

For this remake I've removed the crude humor and replaced it with, still adult, but more acceptable humor. The engine has been moved from RPG Maker XP to RPG Maker VXAce and the game is planned to be much longer than the original. Since the original used the default RPG so this project will as well.

Now that I've told you about the project I want someone to play it and give me feed back. Here are a few questions I want you to ask yourself while playing:

How Would I Improve This Game?

What Features Would I Address First?

How is the Map Layout, Dialogue, ect?

Is the difficulty too hard or too easy?

What Features Would I Like to See in the Game?

With that I'll upload the game. If someone cares enough to download it I thank you very kindly. It is a rather large download so I hope you don't mind waiting 30 minutes for what is roughly 15 minutes of text thus far.

Current Stopping Point: Your fourth party member's has a father and his house has a second floor. When you finally reach this floor SAVE YOUR GAME. Everything past that point has yet to be tested or fine tuned, however, feel free to bug test past that point if you want.

~Download Current Version HERE!~

Also, please don't stream this game. Be nice, guys.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Why does the Standard Tunic have no stat differences? I might as well be running around nude.

And what are the controls? I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

jkid101094

Z and X are your action buttons (select and cancel).
Enter brings up the pause menu and the arrow keys are to move.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm in a pool room with one other person. Z does nothing. Enter does nothing. X brings up a menu which lets me do nothing.

Holding shift lets me run though!

jkid101094

Screenie?

Edit:
Nevermind. That's a test room. I forgot to move the start position back to the intro screen. Whoops.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Going up to the other person and pressing every single button on the keyboard does nothing.

jkid101094

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 23, 2015, 07:46:53 PM
Edit:
Nevermind. That's a test room. I forgot to move the start position back to the intro screen. Whoops.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

If you can figure out the console commands have a blast with it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

So how the heck did you not realize that the game starts you in a test room? Do you not even have time to test your own shitty game?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

I did, but I move the starting position around a lot to test other things. I just forgot to move it back.

In the room you were in I was testing to make sure the pool tiles looked good next to the player sprites.

Post Merge: January 24, 2015, 01:24:21 AM

New DL is up. It should start you in the right place this time.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.