Looking For People With Time on Their Hands to Play a Shitty Game

Started by jkid101094, January 23, 2015, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Maybe that should have been the first thing you tested after you compiled the game and gave it to me.

Yep, those pool tiles look good.

jkid101094

I figured it was already switched back. My bad.

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 23, 2015, 08:22:45 PM
New DL is up. It should start you in the right place this time.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Did you choose the default character names? What kind of name is Ylva?

What the heck is a Points Card. Something about it keeps coming up every time I talk to the little boy hiding from his sister.

And what the fuck jkid, why does your story have incest jokes!?!?

Your writing is terrible.

What the fuck am I supposed to do when battling the Demon Lord? Nobody is doing any damage to anybody.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on January 23, 2015, 08:43:52 PM
Did you choose the default character names? What kind of name is Ylva?
No I didn't. Deal with it.

What the heck is a Points Card. Something about it keeps coming up every time I talk to the little boy hiding from his sister.
Another bug. Ignore it.

And what the fuck jkid, why does your story have incest jokes!?!?

Your writing is terrible.
Because it wouldn't be a jkid story without some sort of incest.

What the fuck am I supposed to do when battling the Demon Lord? Nobody is doing any damage to anybody.
He's supposed to one-shot you. You are literally the only person that has this problem.

Edit:
Right. I forgot that I recently purged everything. He doesn't have any attacks anymore.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Jesus Christ jkid, test your fucking game yourself before handing it over to me.

jkid101094

No, that's why I asked you, so I wouldn't have to do it for the 90billionth time.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

This is the second time that you released your demo in a literally unplayable state. You suck at coding.

jkid101094

Well I reuploaded a more current version now that my self-esteem has healed a little. I actually played through it to fix a few bugs. It's not glitch free but you should actually be able to make it to the end this time.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

The dialog in this game is weird. "Hey, go get your sister for me. DON'T LET ME DOWN." Also there's a bunch of typos and grammatical mistakes.

Why does the run key skip through text? I'm holding the run key all the time because why the hell would I want to walk but I end up skipping the text whenever I talk to someone. I have to let go of the run key before I talk to someone, which is DUMB. Make it a different button to speed through dialog boxes.

I see you fixed the Points Card bug. Good for you.

"What kind of conceited parent names their child the King of Demons?" You made me chuckle. Congrats. That doesn't make up for the dozen or so groans your game made me do though. Also, I thought his name was Demon Lord? Some weird inconsistencies going on.

How did that one kid sleep through that huge flashback explosion!?

Uh, I went inside one of my houses (why do I have more than one house, especially when they're across the street from each other?) and it teleported me to inside the church-looking place. Then when I tried going back into my house I found out that the door was locked, so I guess I wasn't supposed to be able to go there in the first place? This happened immediately after that peaceful waterfall scene where I met that Sister girl (not the incestual adopted sister). I was able to reproduce the bug too.

Why is the Styrofoam shield more expensive than the wooden one?

Why is the inside of the potion shop tinted red?

Why is it that when I go back from checking a character's Skills/Equipment/Status it takes me back to the main menu instead of the Skills/Equipment/Status menu where I can select another character? It makes managing that stuff more annoying.

"You found a Deadly Toxin!" WHY WOULD I WANT THAT!?!?

I think the other party members block doorways or something. Whenever I try to leave a room after immediately entering it it won't let me unless I move around a bit.

The little character heads in the text boxes jitter around sometimes.

I hate that I can't skip through your stupid dramatic ellipses.

I forgot to buy potions and I can't go back to the starting town so I guess I'm fucked. NOW I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE 5 MINUTES ALL OVER AGAIN!

That is the extent of my testing for today.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on January 28, 2015, 05:11:47 PM
The dialog in this game is weird. "Hey, go get your sister for me. DON'T LET ME DOWN." Also there's a bunch of typos and grammatical mistakes.
I try my best to fix them but I don't really have anyone to spell check for me. Also you gotta remember that this dialogue gets written on a whim with one draft from a guy who has zero social experience. :P

Why does the run key skip through text? I'm holding the run key all the time because why the hell would I want to walk but I end up skipping the text whenever I talk to someone. I have to let go of the run key before I talk to someone, which is DUMB. Make it a different button to speed through dialog boxes.
Why is it that when I go back from checking a character's Skills/Equipment/Status it takes me back to the main menu instead of the Skills/Equipment/Status menu where I can select another character? It makes managing that stuff more annoying.

I hate that I can't skip through your stupid dramatic ellipses.
These are problems with the engine, not my programming. I can't fix them unless I can figure out how to correct them with scripts.

Uh, I went inside one of my houses (why do I have more than one house, especially when they're across the street from each other?) and it teleported me to inside the church-looking place. Then when I tried going back into my house I found out that the door was locked, so I guess I wasn't supposed to be able to go there in the first place? This happened immediately after that peaceful waterfall scene where I met that Sister girl (not the incestual adopted sister). I was able to reproduce the bug too.
This one I can actually fix. That house is the merchant couple's home. I just copy/pasted the events from other places as place holders until I felt like working on it again.

It's not so much of a glitch as it is just the dev being lazy. :P

Why is the Styrofoam shield more expensive than the wooden one?
Because in my head styrofoam is better than wood for some reason. Probably comedic effect.

Why is the inside of the potion shop tinted red?
Atmospheric effect? Would you rather I tint it purple?

"You found a Deadly Toxin!" WHY WOULD I WANT THAT!?!?
You want that because it's a one-shot kill if used on an enemy, though it has a chance of failing. Later in the game it'll also serve as a potion/weapon ingredient.

I think the other party members block doorways or something. Whenever I try to leave a room after immediately entering it it won't let me unless I move around a bit.
It all depends on how I program it and where I place the player. This one is entirely my fault and I'll see what I can do about fixing it.

The little character heads in the text boxes jitter around sometimes.
If you've noticed Alice's (the blue haired priestess) actually takes a chunk out of a completely different emote for one of hers. Those are things that I was planning on fine tuning later so they haven't gone unnoticed.

I forgot to buy potions and I can't go back to the starting town so I guess I'm fucked. NOW I HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE 5 MINUTES ALL OVER AGAIN!
Actually no. There are more than enough healing items in that cave and you find a save point that'll also heal you at the end of it. It got to a point where I thought I was being a little too generous with them.

That is the extent of my testing for today.
Thank you, Eli.
This is the happiest you've ever made me~

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 28, 2015, 05:32:07 PM
Thank you, Eli.
This is the happiest you've ever made me~

Hearing you say this made it all worth it.

Does this get me bonus friendship points?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Hakudamashi

One day you'll earn enough to have a pony of your very own.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2