Main Menu

toungue twister!

Started by rubixwiz, November 15, 2009, 09:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubixwiz

how much could a wood chuck chuck wood if a wood chuck chucked wood?

buddies
sonicfan47
jman
jetTheHawk
John Gillis

Shadow26

Jordan teh Echidna

man, i've known this tongue twister for god knows how many years xD

I can say it at pfff...SOO fast =p
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Taz

Quote from: rubixwiz on November 15, 2009, 09:32:34 AM
how much could a wood chuck chuck wood if a wood chuck chucked wood?
Exactly 30 pounds.

Shadow26

Jordan teh Echidna

wait...you done it wrong >:0

it's "how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood?" lol
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Shadow26

Quote from: Mikey the Echidna on November 15, 2009, 09:55:35 AM

it's "how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood?" lol
rofl :D

NiGHTS

Quote from: Mikey the Echidna on November 15, 2009, 09:55:35 AM

finally someone else twiged on xD

Elija2

Eternal question, but poorly posed. What kind of wood? What age of woodchuck, and of what gender? What, exactly, is the act of 'chucking,' and are woodchucks actually capable (in pure physiological terms) of performing the act?

I've made some of the necessary assumptions, and present data below. These are values averaged over a statistically significant number of middle-age male woodchucks in good health, chucking for a period of 30 minutes (where 'chuck' is defined as "To pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin.")

Wood-type / Wood Volume
Balsa / 15m3
Douglas Fir / 13.6m3
Teak / 10.2m3
Mahogany / 4m3

As you can see, chuckability seems to be inversely related to wood hardness. This is not much of a surprise, since we assume that if a woodchuck is going to pat a block of wood under the chin, it must first shape the wood via chewing so that it has a chin at all.

Dracoslythe

HereAndThere

Quote from: Elija2 on November 15, 2009, 02:25:27 PM
Eternal question, but poorly posed. What kind of wood? What age of woodchuck, and of what gender? What, exactly, is the act of 'chucking,' and are woodchucks actually capable (in pure physiological terms) of performing the act?

I've made some of the necessary assumptions, and present data below. These are values averaged over a statistically significant number of middle-age male woodchucks in good health, chucking for a period of 30 minutes (where 'chuck' is defined as "To pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin.")

Wood-type / Wood Volume
Balsa / 15m3
Douglas Fir / 13.6m3
Teak / 10.2m3
Mahogany / 4m3

As you can see, chuckability seems to be inversely related to wood hardness. This is not much of a surprise, since we assume that if a woodchuck is going to pat a block of wood under the chin, it must first shape the wood via chewing so that it has a chin at all.
I didn't understand a shit you just said

Dracoslythe

WHO'S CHUCKIN' WOOD NOW, BITCHES?

Shadow26

Quote from: Dracoslythe on November 16, 2009, 02:09:15 PM
WHO'S CHUCKIN' WOOD NOW, BITCHES?

a stampede!GET OUT OF THE WAY!
TAKE THIS!

GO MY PIPLUPS,GO!xD