Video Game Mindfuck moments

Started by Taz, March 16, 2010, 06:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taz

Ah, we've all done it.
Played a game, getting so into it, can't stop, HOLY FUCK WHAT'S THAT?

List 'em.

Afraid of Monsters - A game meant for mindfuck, but still. You grasp your knife and run down the hallway when the door slams. You run down the hallway, press a button expecting it to open the door. WRONG. A compartment opens where a man stripped to his underwear awaits, bound to the wall by his wrists. He's the only living person aside from yourself in the game, and he's covered with blood. He starts moving towards you by the ropes on his wrists. He starts screaming in horror, and you run, obviously. If you touch him, you get hurt. You hide in a compartment in the wall, and he slides past you. He is impaled on the newly-shown spikes on the wall, letting out a gruesome scream once he is killed. You run to the end of the hallway and press another button, finally opening the door.
I admit I screamed.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Taz on March 16, 2010, 06:26:49 PM
Ah, we've all done it.
Played a game, getting so into it, can't stop, HOLY FUCK WHAT'S THAT?

List 'em.

Afraid of Monsters - A game meant for mindfuck, but still. You grasp your knife and run down the hallway when the door slams. You run down the hallway, press a button expecting it to open the door. WRONG. A compartment opens where a man stripped to his underwear awaits, bound to the wall by his wrists. He's the only living person aside from yourself in the game, and he's covered with blood. He starts moving towards you by the ropes on his wrists. He starts screaming in horror, and you run, obviously. If you touch him, you get hurt. You hide in a compartment in the wall, and he slides past you. He is impaled on the newly-shown spikes on the wall, letting out a gruesome scream once he is killed. You run to the end of the hallway and press another button, finally opening the door.
I admit I screamed.
That's hot.
I'm just saying.

Elija2

Dracoslythe

TranceRaver83

TranceRaver83

Quote from: Elija2 on March 17, 2010, 01:37:15 PM

I know man.

And the most fucked up part for me was probably in Dead Space, i was expecting a alien to come in this one hallway, and im like all cautious... and theres nothing there, so i let my guard down, go into next room, an alien pops out, and i jump, my chair falls backwards, and i hit my head on the floor. 

Dracoslythe

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on March 17, 2010, 01:47:56 PM
I know man.

And the most fucked up part for me was probably in Dead Space, i was expecting a alien to come in this one hallway, and im like all cautious... and theres nothing there, so i let my guard down, go into next room, an alien pops out, and i jump, my chair falls backwards, and i hit my head on the floor. 
This.
Took the words right from me.

seandkiller

I get so into KH that I die a little when I die.xD

5 more till Super Kirby!
Click here to level up my MKW license
http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?66253
Click here to level up my Brawlcard! http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?99599

TranceRaver83

Quote from: Dracoslythe on March 17, 2010, 02:09:25 PM
This.
Took the words right from me.
It was freaky.  My head hurt for like 3 days after that.

TornZero

Persona 3. The moment I saw it, in contrary to Persona 1 and 2 where you use Tarot cards to summon monsters (named "Personae"), you blow your brains out with a gun. In the Japanese version, it's a real gun. In the English version, it's called an Evoker so it sounds like you're not committing suicide.

The only word that came to mind when I saw a bunch of high school students blowing their skulls to bits and summoning monsters and when the monster disappeared, they were completely fine and did it again: "*jaw drops*"

But I actually played the game and it is plain epic. Awesome music, great story, amazing characters, there are very few flaws in the game itself, with the battle system being the only real problem, which is easily ignored.

Sonicispimpyoz

Quote from: TornZero on March 18, 2010, 04:36:32 PM
Persona 3. The moment I saw it, in contrary to Persona 1 and 2 where you use Tarot cards to summon monsters (named "Personae"), you blow your brains out with a gun. In the Japanese version, it's a real gun. In the English version, it's called an Evoker so it sounds like you're not committing suicide.

The only word that came to mind when I saw a bunch of high school students blowing their skulls to bits and summoning monsters and when the monster disappeared, they were completely fine and did it again: "*jaw drops*"

But I actually played the game and it is plain epic. Awesome music, great story, amazing characters, there are very few flaws in the game itself, with the battle system being the only real problem, which is easily ignored.
This above all.

SonicHazso

I not sure what you by mindfuck. Like the game mindfucks you or a player in a game mindfucks you.
But I played a Old 007 game  and for some reason  after  the a plane crash part of the game. Something happen in the game and  just blowen my mind. And that part I throw up each time I looked at the game. I did not know what it was. But It made me throw up. and now with all 007 games I throw up.... What was it I saw??? It's been so long I was like 9 or 10 at the time.

Another Game I Just Found out today. Conker's bad Fur day.
The Bad word's the bloody death's  and thing's I can't make out but with a dirty mind makes it all seem like a Game that's just all wrong.

TornZero

I dare you all to watch or play Persona 3. If you'll play it, then either buy or download it. If you'll watch it, there's play-throughs on YouTube (I recommend KaddyGamer).

ENDragoon

If ya want mindfuck, play F.E.A.R: Perseus mandate, seriously man..

THE SEWERS FREAK THE FUCK OUT OF ME!!!!

not to mention ALMA!!!
Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result. -Tien T'ai-