Sonic to Reboot for 2012 and Beyond, Says SEGA

Started by Gilly, November 06, 2011, 08:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EchidnaPower

All this proves was that Blaze was one success story out of like ten different character additions. The thing I personally think with Blaze is not that her moves make her unique, it's that a lot of Blaze is somewhat of a mystery, she was never really open, she's very tough, she's what every strong-willed female on Earth would be like, so maybe she has that sort of fanbase, I dunno.

All of the females of the Sonic world had been either weak or somewhat "evil", not gonna say Rouge is EVIL but she IS self-seeking more than anything else. Blaze was the first true heroine of the Sonic world, and that made fans happy. Amy was the first girl character, but she isn't depicted as a heroine, SA was Amy's only true shining moment, after that she started going downhill. Rouge has been pretty much the same all her existence, Cream is a child, no one cares about her, Marine is annoying...Blaze is the ONLY female character who can hold her own as well as Sonic can.

Now what this does for the "reboot" of Sonic, I don't know. My fear is that SEGA continues to take focus off of the others and just go back to Sonic all by himself. They might as well reboot in the sense that they pull out the old SEGA Genesis consoles and start making brand new games for that ancient machine, of course given Sonic's fanbase, that might be their best bet for success since nobody likes the "new" Sonic.

SEGA needs to hire better writers, get the other characters back to where they were originally meant to be. Tails needs to be important again, Knuckles needs to be badass again, Amy needs to get a seperate agenda besides marrying Sonic like she had in Sonic Adventure, and for the unfortunate characters (with the exception of Blaze) that were introduced during Sonic's initial downfall, they need to be given real personalities, become actual assets, and become supporting characters that can hold their own in their own unique way. We don't need comedy relief characters, that's what Big the Cat is for.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 24, 2012, 04:57:59 AM
SEGA needs to hire better writers, get the other characters back to where they were originally meant to be. Tails needs to be important again, Knuckles needs to be badass again, Amy needs to get a seperate agenda besides marrying Sonic like she had in Sonic Adventure, and for the unfortunate characters (with the exception of Blaze) that were introduced during Sonic's initial downfall, they need to be given real personalities, become actual assets, and become supporting characters that can hold their own in their own unique way. We don't need comedy relief characters, that's what Big the Cat is for.
Shadow can use a variety of chaos powers with only a single chaos emerald
Silver has motherf*cking psychic powers, you really need nothing more...
Rouge is the only actual martial artist, and she can both glide(Sonic Adventure 2) and fly(Sonic Heroes)
Jet, Wave and Storm can keep their appearances soley in the Sonic Riders spin-off franchise
E-123 Omega can be EXACTLY as Gamma was in Sonic Adventure, I know I wouldn't complain...
Espio is a f*cking ninja
Vector has that bubble gum thing going on, and he's strong, and apparently a detective...
F*ck Charmy and bring back Mighty
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

If the reboot is going to be like what a reboot usually is, then all of the characters would be gone. They could be reintroduced later, but "reboot" tends to mean starting over from scratch. Like the new Tomb Raider game. Same basic character of Lara Croft, but they're resetting the universe and starting it off in a different way.

Supersonic196

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 24, 2012, 04:57:59 AM
They might as well reboot in the sense that they pull out the old SEGA Genesis consoles and start making brand new games for that ancient machine
YES.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 24, 2012, 11:51:34 AM
If the reboot is going to be like what a reboot usually is, then all of the character would be gone. They could be reintroduced later, but "reboot" tends to mean starting over from scratch. Like the new Tomb Raider game. Same basic character of Lara Croft, but they're resetting the universe and starting it off in a different way.
You mean like how Sindel killed everyone in the Mortal Kombat reboot?

Wait, does that mean they'll actually be in Mobius?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

EchidnaPower

Quote from: windlessusher on April 24, 2012, 11:47:15 AM
Shadow can use a variety of chaos powers with only a single chaos emerald
Silver has motherf*cking psychic powers, you really need nothing more...
Rouge is the only actual martial artist, and she can both glide(Sonic Adventure 2) and fly(Sonic Heroes)
Jet, Wave and Storm can keep their appearances soley in the Sonic Riders spin-off franchise
E-123 Omega can be EXACTLY as Gamma was in Sonic Adventure, I know I wouldn't complain...
Espio is a f*cking ninja
Vector has that bubble gum thing going on, and he's strong, and apparently a detective...
F*ck Charmy and bring back Mighty

I know they can do that stuff Wind, my point was that SEGA seems to have FORGOTTEN they can do that stuff. And Knuckles USED TO be a martial artist too, he lost that due to SEGA's downsizing all the characters not named Sonic.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 24, 2012, 01:32:13 PM
And Knuckles USED TO be a martial artist too,
Was he? He looked like he was just throwing punches around without any definite style other than looking like a muscle man...

Well, there was his 1-2-shoryuken combo in Sonic Advance 1&2...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 24, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
Was he? He looked like he was just throwing punches around without any definite style other than looking like a muscle man...

Well, there was his 1-2-shoryuken combo in Sonic Advance 1&2...

Didnt he do some of those fight moves in that tournament in sonic x until rouge kissed him and he fainted?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 24, 2012, 08:49:38 PM
Didnt he do some of those fight moves in that tournament in sonic x until rouge kissed him and he fainted?
That was Tails...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

EchidnaPower

In some of the old games it explained he was a skilled martial artist, it was an old character bio.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Supersonic196

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 25, 2012, 02:02:34 PM
In some of the old games it explained he was a skilled martial artist, it was an old character bio.
This is true.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 25, 2012, 02:02:34 PM
Well he displayed it poorly
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

EchidnaPower

I love Jesus! Do you?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 26, 2012, 02:46:40 PM
HE didn't. SEGA did.
Or maybe SEGA shouldn't have said Knuckles was a martial artist in the first place...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay