I'm Going to Start Watching the Pokemon Anime Again

Started by jkid101094, May 17, 2012, 08:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 17, 2012, 03:13:26 PM
He destroys a bike at the beginning of every new region he meets a different female. Except in Black....
I stabbed myself in the foot for not realising that... wow.

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 17, 2012, 03:27:30 PM
The anime is designed to run as long as possible. Like Sazae-san or Detective Conan/Case Closed. If the characters had the same kind of development a normal anime has, they would become useless after awhile story-wise. That's a reason why at least one person in the group has been rotated in and out in the transition between (most) regional shifts.
I'm sure there's still plenty that could be done with Ash if his character developed along with his journies, cause I still think that it is possible for a war veteran to get his ass kicked in new territory.
I mean, have Ash show that yes, he remembers all his past experiences, like how you should NOT use electric attacks against a grass type, but the PKMN in the Unova region are soo "different" that all his previous knowledge of all the other PKMN he's fought is useless.

Yeah, it sounds like that'll be just a waste of time, but at least this way he won't make mistakes not even a PKMN n00b would...

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 17, 2012, 03:35:53 PM
Pokemon is a kids-show, jesus.
It doesnt need to be consistent or anything.

No one gives a fuck about a consistent development in kids shows.
kids just want to see pokemon battling and have a fun time.
Woah what? Excuse me? Just because it's a "kid's show" that means it has to be sh*t as long as there's violence?
lolno, Thundercats was a "kids show" and it's plot is f*cktons alot more well-rounded than most adult movies these days.

If it's as you say, "kids just want to see pokemon battling and have a fun time." then why not have a consistent well made plot to go with it? What's the harm?
With all the sh*t on T.V. these days, are you really ok with children be subjected only to cartoons with zero plot and only violence? Cause I remember back in my childhood I had Thundercats and G-Force to go with my Looney Tunes and Tom&Jerry.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

That is true. Kids show or not, any story without basic structure like character development will fail to keep an audience's attention. Ash is meant to be the avatar of the viewer in Pokemon. He is also kept somewhat incompetent so new viewers can be introduced to elements of the universe like type match-ups. They could do this in a different way though, and they usually do in later seasons. It's usually the new character(s) that have been rotated into the group that have to learn those kinds of things.

Anyway, Ash throwing a pokeball at Iris was just supposed to be slapstick.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 17, 2012, 04:27:52 PM
That is true. Kids show or not, any story without basic structure like character development will fail to keep an audience's attention. Ash is meant to be the avatar of the viewer in Pokemon. He is also kept somewhat incompetent so new viewers can be introduced to elements of the universe like type match-ups. They could do this in a different way though, and they usually do in later seasons. It's usually the new character(s) that have been rotated into the group that have to learn those kinds of things.
They did it with May, they did it Dawn, I don't see why they couldn't do it with Hilda instead of using Iris and making Ash the newb.

I'm even more upset by this cause I like Hilda's character design best out of the PKMN female protagonists... in a non pedophile kinda way.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 04:46:32 PM
They did it with May, they did it Dawn, I don't see why they couldn't do it with Hilda instead of using Iris and making Ash the newb.
I always saw it as a repeat of the original series.

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 04:46:32 PM
I'm even more upset by this cause I like Hilda's character design best out of the PKMN female protagonists... in a non pedophile kinda way.
Hilda is like...17 or 18 anyway. lol

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SuperSonic23

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 17, 2012, 04:49:21 PM
Hilda is like...17 or 18 anyway. lol

Isn't she 15 or 16? I mean, she looks old enough to date Brock!
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on May 17, 2012, 04:58:00 PM
Isn't she 15 or 16? I mean, she looks old enough to date Brock!
Her age is widely debated but she's accepted all-around to be older then 10. I just assume she's that old.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 17, 2012, 05:08:41 PM
Her age is widely debated but she's accepted all-around to be older then 10. I just assume she's that old.
Regardless, she should've been in this anime, she's a main protagonist in the manga though.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SuperSonic23

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 05:28:46 PM
Regardless, she should've been in this anime, she's a main protagonist in the manga though.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

jkid101094

Well Caitlin is still cute. Can't find the updated Cynthia design anywhere, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

From TV Tokyo's Pokemon anime page:

Cynthia's there. Not very big, but there she is.

Bigger picture of just her from the Characters page:

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 20, 2012, 03:45:13 AM
From TV Tokyo's Pokemon anime page:

Cynthia's there. Not very big, but there she is.

Bigger picture of just her from the Characters page:

If I said I disliked her new design I'd be a lying, little piece of shit.

I wish she wore that in the games. If only during summer.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I just noticed. That is the angriest Dragonite I have ever seen.