Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 27, 2012, 05:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 03, 2013, 03:47:41 AM
Explain

(Following post is just a quote of a post i made on another site, sorry about the whole expletive deleted thing)

There simply are no good things. The Combat is just plain broken, some characters are overpowered. Instant Awakening clearly giving you to edge. Hell, even dodges are useless. And that damn bar only makes jutsu spamming even worse than in UNS2. Entire system has been stupidityfied (i'm sorry, streamlined). The story mode is /barely/ playable since all you'll do is watch cutscenes. Long, barely animated, cutscenes. The long as *expletive deleted* cutscenes are god awful with merely the vs. Sasuke fight being "good". It lacks, you know, /gameplay/.

...That is, if you can even call them cutscenes. Its probably more like the main part of the game with cutgameplay.

Why do i get to walk a pregnant woman for 10 seconds?

Why does this game have flashbacks to things that just happened?

Why is the story-telling so unconsistent, always switching between "normal cutscenes", "cinematic cutscenes", cutscenes where i have to press a to get through and people talking during the fight?

And don't even get me started with the god awful Dynasty Warriors-esque sequences that barely are challenging nor fun.

And lol, i wont even talk about the final chapter- its that bad.

The Roster is just plain wrong, simply reusing characters and stages from past games (which have nothing to do with the setting of the game anymore) with no new animations while some current characters and locations from the franchise are missing. And a fuckton of characters are two or three times in the roster. what the *expletive deleted*?

The Graphics are awful (in comparison with past games) and soundtrack is oh so dull. I dont even think the rerecorded the voice acting for all the characters.

Even Modern Wafare 3 had more effort than this.

... the Menu is pretty though, i'll give it that.

And i also like how there is already a buy DLC option in the online-menu, even though there are none available yet.

This is pure *expletive deleted*. I loved all of CC2's previous work (didnt get Generations) and loved Asuras Wrath and what they're doing with .hack. I've been with this franchise since Ultimate Ninja 2 on the PS2.

This is just plain, flat out, *expletive deleted*.

Even though the Broken Bond was kinda blegh, i wish Ubisoft would do another one. Rise of the Ninja was fantastic. Which reminds me; WHERE is the awesome open-world from UNS1 / RotN?! It was excuseable in UNS2 because... there were things to do at every corner- you didnt simply walk from cutscene to *expletive deleted* cutscene... for 10 meters.

Most people who buy this game are fans of Naruto and just take it as it is. It has enough fanservice to be "good" for your average naruto fan. Hell, the pre-order bonus was to get some of the cast in a Bikini and Naruto in a Son-Goku Costume.

Hakudamashi

Sounds like Naruto the anime the game.
A shame.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 03, 2013, 03:54:35 AM
(Following post is just a quote of a post i made on another site, sorry about the whole expletive deleted thing)

There simply are no good things. The Combat is just plain broken, some characters are overpowered. Instant Awakening clearly giving you to edge. Hell, even dodges are useless. And that damn bar only makes jutsu spamming even worse than in UNS2. Entire system has been stupidityfied (i'm sorry, streamlined). The story mode is /barely/ playable since all you'll do is watch cutscenes. Long, barely animated, cutscenes. The long as *expletive deleted* cutscenes are god awful with merely the vs. Sasuke fight being "good". It lacks, you know, /gameplay/.

...That is, if you can even call them cutscenes. Its probably more like the main part of the game with cutgameplay.

Why do i get to walk a pregnant woman for 10 seconds?

Why does this game have flashbacks to things that just happened?

Why is the story-telling so unconsistent, always switching between "normal cutscenes", "cinematic cutscenes", cutscenes where i have to press a to get through and people talking during the fight?

And don't even get me started with the god awful Dynasty Warriors-esque sequences that barely are challenging nor fun.

And lol, i wont even talk about the final chapter- its that bad.

The Roster is just plain wrong, simply reusing characters and stages from past games (which have nothing to do with the setting of the game anymore) with no new animations while some current characters and locations from the franchise are missing. And a fuckton of characters are two or three times in the roster. what the *expletive deleted*?

The Graphics are awful (in comparison with past games) and soundtrack is oh so dull. I dont even think the rerecorded the voice acting for all the characters.

Even Modern Wafare 3 had more effort than this.

... the Menu is pretty though, i'll give it that.

And i also like how there is already a buy DLC option in the online-menu, even though there are none available yet.

This is pure *expletive deleted*. I loved all of CC2's previous work (didnt get Generations) and loved Asuras Wrath and what they're doing with .hack. I've been with this franchise since Ultimate Ninja 2 on the PS2.

This is just plain, flat out, *expletive deleted*.

Even though the Broken Bond was kinda blegh, i wish Ubisoft would do another one. Rise of the Ninja was fantastic. Which reminds me; WHERE is the awesome open-world from UNS1 / RotN?! It was excuseable in UNS2 because... there were things to do at every corner- you didnt simply walk from cutscene to *expletive deleted* cutscene... for 10 meters.

Most people who buy this game are fans of Naruto and just take it as it is. It has enough fanservice to be "good" for your average naruto fan. Hell, the pre-order bonus was to get some of the cast in a Bikini and Naruto in a Son-Goku Costume.

i have a old naruto game for ps2 but i forget the name of it but it was a really good game i loved the story mode even the gameplay was good and the music was great

Hakudamashi

I still think Ultimate Ninja 3 and Storm 1 are the best games, with Storm 2 having the best story mode.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 03, 2013, 06:01:22 AM
I still think Ultimate Ninja 3 and Storm 1 are the best games, with Storm 2 having the best story mode.

Rise of the Ninja / Broken Bond where the best Naruto based games, like... hands down.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 03, 2013, 06:47:15 PM
Rise of the Ninja / Broken Bond where the best Naruto based games, like... hands down.
And I disagree with you.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2013, 04:23:51 PM
'course you would
Well excuse me for prefering an interesting naruto game with fighting game mechanics, over a fighting game set in the Naruto universe.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 04, 2013, 06:52:30 PM
Well excuse me for prefering an interesting naruto game with fighting game mechanics, over a fighting game set in the Naruto universe.

Have you played Rise of the Ninja?
Not only does it have the best storymode a fighting game (to my knowledge) ever had - it also aint a button masher, being deep enough to be a fighting game that can be taken serious. (More than three combos =O)

Platforming, Jutsu Commands, Music from the Show and pst, Zabuza arc is in it, orochimarus experiment ninjas (or w/e) are in Broken Bond...
Please tell me, how /any/ of CC2's Games are better Naruto games, let alone games.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2013, 07:35:38 PM
Have you played Rise of the Ninja?
Not only does it have the best storymode a fighting game (to my knowledge) ever had - it also aint a button masher, being deep enough to be a fighting game that can be taken serious. (More than three combos =O)

Platforming, Jutsu Commands, Music from the Show and pst, Zabuza arc is in it, orochimarus experiment ninjas (or w/e) are in Broken Bond...
Please tell me, how /any/ of CC2's Games are better Naruto games, let alone games.
Well, I always loved the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series for not only how the told the canon stories, but more for how much fanservice the game gave to Naruto fans. I'm talking about it's original stories like the Gedo Mark and the whole tournament to have a new rule in Konoha, and even all the tiniest attention to detail in character traits through the exchanges in the optional side missions. It's like each game came with 2 story modes, both being excellently told.

And I like Ultimate Ninja's combat with one button being attack, one button for movement, one button for projectiles and one button for chackra. It made the game fun and free flowing without having the restraints of "WHAT'S MY COMBOS" weighing you down, but at the same time, they left enough depth in the combat system itself for those who are looking for it, this is one of those games that proves that simply having more buttons to press=/=more depth.

The why I love the Ultimate Ninja series soo much is because of how much care and detail is put into every corner of every inch of the game for Naruto fans specifically, and even building a fighting system to allow such a thing. It feels like a Naruto game, which is fantastic.

Rise of the Ninja and Broken Bonds on the other hand feel like fighting games with Naruto paint on it, anyone can do that...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Anyone can do a button masher with a filler story.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2013, 09:37:55 PM
Anyone can do a button masher with a filler story.
Yeah
But not just anyone can make a simple fighting with a HUGE unique meta game of chackra maintenance(as it would be in a real Naruto fight)
Sure, anyone can make filler story, Naruto RPGs are all over the place, but the Ultimate series not only seems to actually keep everyone IN CHARACTER, but they also tell interesting well told filler stories that work BECAUSE they're in the Naruto universe, rather make a neat story and throwing Naruto characters in it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 05, 2013, 02:39:16 AM
Yeah
But not just anyone can make a simple fighting with a HUGE unique meta game of chackra maintenance(as it would be in a real Naruto fight)
Sure, anyone can make filler story, Naruto RPGs are all over the place, but the Ultimate series not only seems to actually keep everyone IN CHARACTER, but they also tell interesting well told filler stories that work BECAUSE they're in the Naruto universe, rather make a neat story and throwing Naruto characters in it.

Budokai Tenkaichi with Naruto Characters?

Ubisofts Naruto games also are more realistic with the whole chakra thing.
You have to do the finger-signs yourself, chakra replenishes itself over time / you have to eat.

They do not charge chakra DBZ-style like in CC2's games in the Show

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 05, 2013, 04:34:16 AM
Budokai Tenkaichi with Naruto Characters?

Ubisofts Naruto games also are more realistic with the whole chakra thing.
You have to do the finger-signs yourself, chakra replenishes itself over time / you have to eat.

They do not charge chakra DBZ-style like in CC2's games in the Show
They dont use hand signs for most of the justu they use, almost as if they've forgotten about it.
And having to do hand signs yourself, to me, was tedious and jst gave me more unnecessary busy work to do. I prefer in NUN where the input to do a jutsu is simple and the character will do the hand signs if the jutsu requires them. By making the act of using jutsu so simple, it allows them to be more situational and diverse to be used intelligently against button mashers.
And to my knowledge, chackra is gathered through concentration and takes awhile to do, whoch translates the act of regaining chackra a tedious unsafe mess as an insentive to not just use it wildly, as it is in the Naruto universe, chakra is a precious resource. Having it regen with every character not only belittles it's importance, it encourages recklessness. And you do eat in NUN, it's used to temporarily boost stats in combat, something I find more useful.

And Naruto charges chackra all the time, espicially before the time skip.

Budokai Tenkaichi with Naruto? Have you played a tenkaichi game ever in your life?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Do a jutsu, guy flies off. Charge. Do a jutsu, guy flies off. Charge.
Jutsu spamming is one of the biggest issue in the Storm Games.
As for Storm 2, when your health is low charge one second longer and get super power that instant kills.

And yes, i know it wasnt that bad in the old Ultimate Ninja Games. But its ultimately (ha) the same game series.

And yes, there is charging in Naruto... but only for Naruto and Sasuke and because they can rely on exterior chakra.
No one else does it. Chakra depletes and its over.

Quote from: windlessusher on April 05, 2013, 05:51:30 AM
Budokai Tenkaichi with Naruto? Have you played a tenkaichi game ever in your life?

I only have Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (before i played any Naruto Game, actually) and the first thing i thought when i saw Ultimate Ninja Storm was... Budokai Tenkaichi with Naruto characters.