SSBU Link Redesign is so sexy

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 11, 2013, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Until Ocarina of Time there was no, "Young Link" or "Adult Link". Link was just Link. It would make sense that the adult version of Link would represent Smash because at the time he was more iconic...in my opinion, anyway.

If that explanation isn't good enough for you also consider that, at the time, the most recent Zelda game was Ocarina of Time and, as you said, Adult Link had a much larger role in that game.

Notice how Young Link and Link in Melee represented OoC and MM too. It's not necessarily what's more popular, but what is the most recent or iconic.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 24, 2013, 03:54:12 PM
Notice how Young Link and Link in Melee represented OoC and MM too. It's not necessarily what's more popular, but what is the most recent or iconic.
And that's how the Smash Bros Character Selection has always been based off of.
There have been exceptions because of how much of a classic gamer Sakurai is.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 24, 2013, 03:54:12 PM
Until Ocarina of Time there was no, "Young Link" or "Adult Link". Link was just Link. It would make sense that the adult version of Link would represent Smash because at the time he was more iconic...in my opinion, anyway.

If that explanation isn't good enough for you also consider that, at the time, the most recent Zelda game was Ocarina of Time and, as you said, Adult Link had a much larger role in that game.

Sooooo it's the Link that's more popular at the time, got it.

Does question why they're not using the Skyward Sword Link design though
Its cause he's a pussy with a stamina bar
Quote from: SmashFinale on June 24, 2013, 04:16:08 PM
And that's how the Smash Bros Character Selection has always been based off of.
There have been exceptions because of how much of a classic gamer Sakurai is.
Um, I don't think Wolf, Sonic, Snake, Capt. Falcon, Lucas, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, etc. were brought in just because they were "Iconic at the time", nor for "classic gamer" reasons. I believe Sakurai is more open minded than that.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 04:20:19 PM
Sooooo it's the Link that's more popular at the time, got it.
Not exactly. Just the most relevant.

Link might have got the HD makeover just to show off the console's power and fit with the game better.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 24, 2013, 04:23:29 PM
Not exactly. Just the most relevant.

Link might have got the HD makeover just to show off the console's power and fit with the game better.
Or maybe it's the design of the Link for the Wii U Zelda game?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

also, is it just me or does the CGI Link have a different design than the in-game link?
In-Game link just a retextured Brawl Link...

CGI Link looks more Anime-y... more like... the design used in Soul Calibur 2 / Melee... but with a more "rebellious" take on Twilight Princess' hair design?

Hakudamashi

Maybe the in-game Link is an early build that's re-using assets of the Brawl Link?
Would explain why he doesn't use any of his special weapons in the trailer, cause y'know, they'd be Twilight Princess themed.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Quote from: windlessusher on June 24, 2013, 04:44:55 PM
Maybe the in-game Link is an early build that's re-using assets of the Brawl Link?
Would explain why he doesn't use any of his special weapons in the trailer, cause y'know, they'd be Twilight Princess themed.
Yeah. By now they're likely switching to a Skyward Sword-themed move set.