How about fuck you, Nintendo.

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 29, 2014, 03:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

I honestly don't think the name is a big deal. As long as Nintendo puts the full name "~new~ NINTENDO 3DS" on the packaging people will know that it's a new revision of the 3DS.

It will be weird in a couple years when people still have to refer to these models as "the new 3DS" even though they're old. It's kinda like the New Super Mario Bros. games in that regard.

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 09, 2014, 04:04:13 PM
And Yoshi's New Island.

No, actually. Because it's Yoshi's New Island, not New Yoshi Island.

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 09, 2014, 02:49:28 PM
Should they have called it the 3DS 2? yeah that's not confusing, what happens when the 2DS 2 comes out? I think the name's fine for what it is. At least it conveys that this is a new thing better than "Wii U" did.

With the customizable faceplates, they COULD have called it "YoUr 3DS".

Well, it's not a new platform, so no, not 3DS 2.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 09, 2014, 09:16:29 AM
Aren't those like, two completely different set of people?
ยจ

Haha, no.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 09, 2014, 11:03:19 PM
No, actually. Because it's Yoshi's New Island, not New Yoshi Island.
So what happened to his old island?

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 09, 2014, 11:03:19 PM
Haha, no.
I'm pretty sure the people that care about Apple's yearly updates don't care about the 3DS fiasco, and the people that care about the 3DS's updates don't care about Apple's fiasco.
I think you're comparing two different sets of people.

They make speak in equal volumes, but they're not the same.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 10, 2014, 03:36:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the people that care about Apple's yearly updates don't care about the 3DS fiasco, and the people that care about the 3DS's updates don't care about Apple's fiasco.
I think you're comparing two different sets of people.

They make speak in equal volumes, but they're not the same.

I dont... know... what you're on about...

Have you ever went to a place filled with Nintendo fanboys and said something about Apple? Probably not, you're probably in the same category, since you think Smartphones are evil.

It's like how they attack Call of Duty for being the same, but with the same breath fangasm over the new NSMB.

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 10, 2014, 04:29:51 AM
It actually sold well.

Pfffff

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 10, 2014, 04:31:40 AM
I dont... know... what you're on about...

Have you ever went to a place filled with Nintendo fanboys and said something about Apple? Probably not, you're probably in the same category, since you think Smartphones are evil.

It's like how they attack Call of Duty for being the same, but with the same breath fangasm over the new NSMB.
Miiverse.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So you won't be able to post Smash 3DS screenshots onto Miiverse with the old 3DS' because the game uses up the RAM normally reserved for multitasking applications. You also won't be able to use the internet browser while playing Smash (but why would you ever use the 3DS internet browser?). However, the new 3DS' will be able to access Miiverse and the web browser with Smash playing since they have more RAM. You can't really fault Nintendo for this one since they did it to make the game look and run better. Screenshots can still be taken in-game, they just can't be posted to Miiverse unless you have a new 3DS.

Hakudamashi

This is sounding more and more like a necessary evil if you ask me.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

You can still post screenshots online so I don't see the problem.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Wow, when you close the Smash Bros demo it actually resets your 3DS instead of just closing the game. Apparently Monster Hunter 4U does the same thing and both games are confirmed to be "new 3DS-enhanced". I'm assuming it doesn't reset if you're playing on a new 3DS.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 12, 2014, 05:12:47 AM
So you won't be able to post Smash 3DS screenshots onto Miiverse with the old 3DS' because the game uses up the RAM normally reserved for multitasking applications. You also won't be able to use the internet browser while playing Smash (but why would you ever use the 3DS internet browser?). However, the new 3DS' will be able to access Miiverse and the web browser with Smash playing since they have more RAM. You can't really fault Nintendo for this one since they did it to make the game look and run better. Screenshots can still be taken in-game, they just can't be posted to Miiverse unless you have a new 3DS.

All this tells me is that this was planned all along. These were not intended to be 3DS Games, but "New" 3DS Games from the get go. Or at least a very long time.

But, uh, in related news

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-wrecking-some-peoples-3ds-handheld-1634549128

Smashing.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 14, 2014, 12:33:14 AM
All this tells me is that this was planned all along. These were not intended to be 3DS Games, but "New" 3DS Games from the get go. Or at least a very long time.

Nah, I doubt Sakurai even knew about the New 3DS when they started developing the game. Besides, the only thing old 3DS users are missing out on is Miiverse. If it were really meant to be a New 3DS game, don't you think it would have some exclusive New 3DS features like better graphics and stuff?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 14, 2014, 05:34:36 AM
If it were really meant to be a New 3DS game, don't you think it would have some exclusive New 3DS features like better graphics and stuff?

Clearly they didnt design this around the original 3DS, otherwise it would've been designed to work with the rest of the system. And considering they're also ignoring the CPP...