Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors *Topic will contain spoilers*

Started by Proto_Blaze, August 08, 2011, 03:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on August 16, 2011, 04:02:26 AM
Everyone loves Akane lol... When you play it again knowing the truth... you notice things immediately that you would never pick up
Well of course everyone loves her, I'd date a girl who was so open about her perverted thoughts, even if she was faking...
I lol that even though they tried to make "the worst protagonist ever" everyone still loves her anyway

Such as?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 05:43:56 AM
Such as?
Well, you should at least get every ending. Some things are only revealed in certain endings that help flesh out certain characters, but since you've already beaten the game it might not have the same effect.

Heck, it's worth replaying the game just for the alternate conversations, like the infamous elevator scene or the ladder jokes. It really shows how great the writing in this game is.

Hakudamashi

Well, seeing how much of a total perv Akane was I kinda figured being alone in an elevator with Junpei wasn't her fear, if anything she would've made sure no one was looking and shove him in there, so I never chose that option. However it is kinda nice to see Junpei being the bigger perv for once. And there was also the scene when Junpei kept asking her to say "It's getting hard..." till he was satisfied XD

As for the ladder...lawl
Water is rising and he has only a few minutes b4 he drowns and he can still make bad jokes about a frickin ladder...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 16, 2011, 12:56:39 PM
windy officially likes this game.
Don't ever call me windy ever again

I said in my rant that I loved the characters, we are discussing the characters right now, I still hate the game.

So, what would've happened if Junpei sucked at sudoku?

Junpei:Great, so all I gotta do is solve this last puzzle, save my girlfriend in the past, get us all outta here, finish my biology project due tomorrow, find wherever Akane is now and live happily ever, what could go wrong? =)
*revealed to be sudoku puzzle*
Junpei:FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Akane:C'mon Jumpy how hard could it be?
Junpei:I SUCK AT SUDOKU D:
Akane:b-b-but what about all those sudoku puzzles you did in elementary school?
Junpei:I cheated off the fucking answer sheet D:
Akane:...
Then Lotus comes to save the world

Moral of this story: Learn to sudoku, it'll save your life someday
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 02:26:36 PM
Don't ever call me windy ever again

I guess I have to honour that request.

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 02:26:36 PM
So, what would've happened if Junpei sucked at sudoku?

The power of love would have helped him through.

Plus it was an easy sudoku puzzle anyway. I'm surprised 12-year-old-Akane couldn't have figured it out herself.

Hakudamashi

This isn't one of those generic frufru anime plots, I don't think "the power of love" would've done anything... I mean, as far as we know, they don't even end up together...

And hey man, even the simplest of puzzles can seem like rocket science if you only have... I think it was 60 seconds to solve it or else you burn alive...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 02:47:58 PM
This isn't one of those generic frufru anime plots, I don't think "the power of love" would've done anything... I mean, as far as we know, they don't even end up together...

And hey man, even the simplest of puzzles can seem like rocket science if you only have... I think it was 60 seconds to solve it or else you burn alive...
and this is why u dont see T.V. commercials for this game very much(or at all...)

Elija2

Even so, I don't think Junpei would give up so easily when someone's life is on the line, let alone his childhood friend.

I'm sure it was longer than that, heck 60 seconds probably passed between Junpei finishing the puzzle and them opening the final door.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 16, 2011, 03:20:37 PM
Even so, I don't think Junpei would give up so easily when someone's life is on the line, let alone his childhood friend.

I'm sure it was longer than that, heck 60 seconds probably passed between Junpei finishing the puzzle and them opening the final door.
I'm not saying he would give up, but it still wouldn't suddenly make him a sudoku master, that is if he sucked at it in the first place, which he didn't apparently.

Y'know what'd be funny?
Junpei finally arrives to his apartment to take a long, well deserved nap, where waiting for him was Akane sitting on his bed wearing his white button shirt, cause apparently every man must own a white button shirt...
Akane:Jumpy, for saving my life I will let you be my first
Junpei: =D
Akane:To try my cooking 8D
Junpei: =l
Akane:It'll be ready in 5 minutes
Junpei: Oh, um, that's gonna be a problem...
Akane:Why Ju-
Clover:So this is your room huh? Looks better than I...

~silence~

Junpei:Y'know, in my defense, I thought I was never gonna see you again...

Speaking of which, what's up with all the JunpeixClover supporters I've seen over the Internet?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 03:36:13 PM
Speaking of which, what's up with all the JunpeixClover supporters I've seen over the Internet?

I have never seen this before. I remember both Junpei and Santa making perverted jokes towards Clover (both involving her short skirt), but they could hardly be considered a great match. I guess since Junpei and Akane never hook up, he has to be paired up with someone.

Hakudamashi

It wouldn't bother me if Clover didn't look like child
Sure she's at least 18(She better be since they made her drive the van) but still...

And I read on the answers page that SevenxLotus is apparently canon...
Although I definately expected it when Seven constantly exclaims "I can't get along with her >.>"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 03:36:13 PM
Junpei finally arrives to his apartment to take a long, well deserved nap, where waiting for him was Akane sitting on his bed wearing his white button shirt, cause apparently every man must own a white button shirt...

Note to self... buy white button shirt

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on August 16, 2011, 04:14:03 PM
Note to self... buy white button shirt
I hope we're talking about the same thing...

And why am I, the only one who hates the game, the one keeping the topic alive?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2011, 04:17:04 PM
And why am I, the only one who hates the game, the one keeping the topic alive?

You secretly enjoy this game.

Now go get all the endings.